Duhon | Hinrich | Nocioni | Songaila | Chandler

Key Matchup

vs.

Baron Davis...................Kirk Hinrich
</center>

·
Registered
777 Posts
I see us winning this one. We got robbed in Chicago with JRich getting fouled in the last seconds in fourth quarter.Which we could have won that game. I will be watching this whole game to see some revenge.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
I want my money back

This isn't the team that was advertised at the end of last season. You guys remember that team--the one that ran effortlessly down the court on offense. And you know what? I don't want to hear it about Baron's health. Last I checked, there were 11 other players suited up to play ball. Why is it that we needed Baron to get everyone else to run on the court?

Pardon my frustrations, but damn--I'm coming up from SoCal every other weekend to go to games like Friday night? All this talk about Adonal gaining 15 pounds of muscle--was it all in his brain? That guy is as apathetic as Charlie Rosen is negative. Murphy was suppose to work on post moves? Perhaps he should have worked on his VERTICAL LEAPING ABILITY. And all these off-season work outs together that were suppose to improve the already good chemistry from last season...what has that resulted in? I'm still hearing excuses from the team that everyone is still trying to learn each other on the floor.

And don't get me started on Dunleavy.

O.K....after all that, I think Warriors win....

Golden State 97
Chicago 93

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I agree with bruindre...there are too many excuses going around. If the Warriors could win a third of their games without Baron, and they've been improving, they can win games without him too. And the team hasn't really changed much from last season, either.

Still think Warriors will win, though. We can take Chicago at home.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Re: I want my money back

bruindre said:
Pardon my frustrations, but damn--I'm coming up from SoCal every other weekend to go to games like Friday night? All this talk about Adonal gaining 15 pounds of muscle--was it all in his brain? That guy is as apathetic as Charlie Rosen is negative. Murphy was suppose to work on post moves? Perhaps he should have worked on his VERTICAL LEAPING ABILITY. And all these off-season work outs together that were suppose to improve the already good chemistry from last season...what has that resulted in? I'm still hearing excuses from the team that everyone is still trying to learn each other on the floor.

And don't get me started on Dunleavy.

O.K....after all that, I think Warriors win....

Golden State 97
Chicago 93
Weird. Because I've seen all sorts of improvements from the areas that you pointed out (except for Dunleavy), but I hardly have enough evidence to back myself up. Go figure.

The truth of the matter is, or it seems like, that the Warriors are indeed improved from those weakness, but not to the point where they could show the consistency of their work. Like a Murphy's post move, it just comes and goes.

But yes, this team is toothless without Baron at or near his best. This is a CLEAR sign of poor coaching and a lack of second go-to guy, with JRich not nearly enough to do it all to carry this team.

Then the Mike Dunleavy thing is just a head-scratcher. He was playing good defense even though his offense went AWOL, so it wasn't really his confidence, or lack thereof, like many people believe. The only positive sign, other than his D, is not even coming from anything he's done this season - Mike has been a notoriously slow starter for years so perhaps things will get better.

I want to see a breakout performance by Mike Dunleavy tonight!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Dunleavy actually has been scoring tonight. Cool stuff. 15 points on 5/9 shooting...hope it's not just a coincidence.

Warriors up 91-71 with 5:44 to play in the 4th.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
This is what I like to see.

What I don't understand, is why were so many starters still in when the Warriors were up by so many in the third.

Why not try Monta Ellis or Chris Taft (more)? Or at least let JRich rest a bit more.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the announcer said something that made a little sense during the game...something along the lines about how jrich and murphy both kind of stumbled a bit when they signed their contracts because of pressure. i'm not trying to credit mdj or anything, but he's always been like this. at duke he was slow his first games then became the player they wanted him to. even in the NBA, he was never a good player in november - jan, but his game steps up a little bit near the end of the season. maybe because they have no pressure to make playoffs, which kinda sucks, but i HOPE this is how he plays...just gets better as time moves on. he has not dazzled me yet, and i really wish he will or else my free poster on dunleavy night hanging in my room will be for nothing

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Re: I want my money back

MightyReds2020 said:
Weird. Because I've seen all sorts of improvements from the areas that you pointed out (except for Dunleavy), but I hardly have enough evidence to back myself up. Go figure.

The truth of the matter is, or it seems like, that the Warriors are indeed improved from those weakness, but not to the point where they could show the consistency of their work. Like a Murphy's post move, it just comes and goes.

But yes, this team is toothless without Baron at or near his best. This is a CLEAR sign of poor coaching and a lack of second go-to guy, with JRich not nearly enough to do it all to carry this team.

Then the Mike Dunleavy thing is just a head-scratcher. He was playing good defense even though his offense went AWOL, so it wasn't really his confidence, or lack thereof, like many people believe. The only positive sign, other than his D, is not even coming from anything he's done this season - Mike has been a notoriously slow starter for years so perhaps things will get better.

I want to see a breakout performance by Mike Dunleavy tonight!
MightyReds, let me start off by saying I respect your opinioin on this board. You usually come with good stuff on here.

That being said, I saw a lot of the same 'ol same 'ol even in a blow-out victory of the Bulls. I will say that Adonal was his most active in a game this year, but there's a lot of 'learning each other' going on, still. Anyone remember the missed alley-oop from Baron to J-Rich (yeah, I know--they later connected on one)?

There was improvement in some regards in the Chicago game, but here's another gripe I have--what do you call that half-court offense the Warriors run? I mean there are no set plays. When you get the Warriors into a half-court game, everything seems predicated on the man with the ball being able to break down his defender. I don't see much movement off the ball (I see ABSOLUTELY NO MOVEMENT on the weak side of the court). It makes me want to scratch up some old Stanford tapes and see if that's what MM had going on at Maples year in and year out (I just remember a physical team coming into Pauley and beating us in the mid-to-late '90s, year in, year out).

I'm happy with where we are record wise, no doubt, but we have a ways to go before we're a legitimate playoff team. We will NOT make the playoffs continuing to play this way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts