Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
getting in the playoffs means a happy kidd which is more important to this team then those two.
Also additional ticket sales for Ratner and a continued buildup of fan support and positive outlook on the team.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
cpawfan said:
Also additional ticket sales for Ratner and a continued buildup of fan support and positive outlook on the team.
and we tied our streak of 4 straight playoff apperances, how sad. Hopefully well get that number up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
We could have taken Chris Taft, we almost got him in the 2nd round, he got picked 1 before our 2nd round pick

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
rundmc00 said:
Sean May, TE and Chris Taft?
Oh please, tell me again going after Uncle Cliffy cost the Nets Sean May. Nets gave up a second round pick and the trade exception for Cliffy. You assume that the Nets would have somehow moved up to No. 10 to pick May if they had not made the playoffs. Take a look at which rookies are doing what so far. As projected, the draft didnt have a bonafide superstar but was deep. Andrew Bogut is doing well, so is Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Not a lot of guys doing much else after that. Villaneuva has cooled off. Andrew Bynum? May and Felton?

Grand assumptions everywhere.

·
Registered
976 Posts
it may be a stupid question, but who is TE?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
funkylikemonkey said:
it may be a stupid question, but who is TE?
Short for trade exception.

-Petey

·
Registered
976 Posts
oh ok, I thought he was naming a player in the draft, I was running through all the names in my head and was stumped

Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
1) From what it sounds, Thorn and Ed were so high on Wright, they would had drafted him with a earlier pick, had they had it.

2) Don't think Ratner would had let Thorn use the whole TE. Heck, would have had SAR ask for even more of it...

3) Taft... While putting up respectable numbers, do you think Frank would had given him time?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think the real mistake of last season was wasting time on Elden Campbell...he was soooo out of shape and seemed disinterested in being apart of the Nets team. It was a risky move to begin with and it didn't ruin us too badly on the court but it took away from our TE.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NI, please tell me why Nets would have needed to move to the #10 slot in the draft to select Sean May, who was selected at the #13 slot.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
rundmc00 said:
Sean May, TE and Chris Taft?
Funny, it was Scalabrine's play (apart from VC & Kidd) that got the NETS into the post-season - not Cliffy's. Cliffy was something of a waste, but useful. They paid through the nose to get him. Taft's stock had fallen, but if NET brass really wanted him, they could've swung a deal for another 2nd rounder to snatch him. Illic is looking good. Nets were not in contention for May.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
NI, please tell me why Nets would have needed to move to the #10 slot in the draft to select Sean May, who was selected at the #13 slot.
Montross, please tell me why you believe that the Nets would have taken May at #10 or #13 when they said 1] that none of the PF's they worked out impressed them; 2] that they said they were going to take the best player available, and 3] why the hell any of this matters when not one player taken between #9 and #14 have done much so far [That would be Diogu, Bynum, Fernandez, Korolev, May and McCants].

You and run and the rest of the lot have this love of wudda-cudda-shudda, like a bunch of middle aged guys playing the ponies on an overcast day at the Meadowlands Race Track. What happened happened and basing the future on the first week of any rookie's NBA career is just so silly it's barely adult.

Run thinks he could be a better GM than Thorn and runs around shreiking and screaming about this or that. Who gives a dam?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Geez, NI, someone points out a mistake you make (like your saying Nets needed to get #10 pick to get Sean May), and you get all PMS on us.

Go take a Midol and lay down, oldtimer.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
MrCharisma said:
I think the real mistake of last season was wasting time on Elden Campbell...he was soooo out of shape and seemed disinterested in being apart of the Nets team. It was a risky move to begin with and it didn't ruin us too badly on the court but it took away from our TE.
I would agree, but Thorn picked him up because of the need for an extra big body......Since at the time we didn't have any.....While it was a bad move in retrospect, and I'm sure Thorn wouldn't do it again if given the choice, but still at that moment in time it was out of necessaty and team need....By the way Uncle Cliffy didn't cost us anyone by making the playoffs (since May was drafted sooner, and Taft Fell into the 2nd).........More importantly by making the playoffs Jkidd was happy and it brought new life again to our Franchise, Fan base, and Players for next season (now)!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Mr.Montross said:
Geez, NI, someone points out a mistake you make (like your saying Nets needed to get #10 pick to get Sean May), and you get all PMS on us.

Go take a Midol and lay down, oldtimer.
I realize that it is difficult for you to understand superior logic so I had to be extreme. As for your mysogynist comment about Midol, perhaps it can explain your inability to have a long term relationship with members of opposite sex. Thus, I understand and again, take pity on you.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
MonStrSquad*JK said:
I would agree, but Thorn picked him up because of the need for an extra big body......Since at the time we didn't have any.....While it was a bad move in retrospect, and I'm sure Thorn wouldn't do it again if given the choice, but still at that moment in time it was out of necessaty and team need....By the way Uncle Cliffy didn't cost us anyone by making the playoffs (since May was drafted sooner, and Taft Fell into the 2nd).........More importantly by making the playoffs Jkidd was happy and it brought new life again to our Franchise, Fan base, and Players for next season (now)!
of course...it also gave RJ a chance to come back. We are dealing with "fans" who will seek out whatever negative they can and embrace it as if it was a long-lost child, "fans" who do not attend games either for that matter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts