Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With shooting? I swear both Sabas and Zach have the same relative hang time on their shots. Works for Sabonis but he has 6" on Zach.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I guess I'd have to see their shots superimposed or something, but I don't see any similarities between the two in any respect, to be honest. Style of play, body control, offensive vs. defensive leanings, shot selection ... all completely different. And to me, Zach's shot looks much less flat than Sabas'. If anything, I would say Zach often puts too much air under it.

Or by "hang time on their shots" do you mean leaping ability?

Dan

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
I guess I'd have to see their shots superimposed or something, but I don't see any similarities between the two in any respect, to be honest. Style of play, body control, offensive vs. defensive leanings, shot selection ... all completely different. And to me, Zach's shot looks much less flat than Sabas'. If anything, I would say Zach often puts too much air under it.

Or by "hang time on their shots" do you mean leaping ability?

Dan
Hang time " Amount of lift a player achieves"

Zach has a super high Arc, but shoots flat footed most of the time.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
to be honest Zach's offensive game reminds me of Kevin Duckworth more than Sabas...

quick spins, working back and forth, short jumpers...

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Zach has limited hops, and one of the reasons he's an effective offensive player is that he's unorthodoxt (to borrow a phrase from a certain Tracey Morgan).

He's left handed. He has a quick release. He gets off floaters and mid-range shots that most players don't attempt.

Of course, if a defender is dialed into what ZR is doing, he eats it (in the form of a blocked shot).

The thing is, ZR doesn't really have an option... I don't think he can choose to play a game like Rasheed or Duncan who rely on length and (to at least an average degree) jumping ability.

Hopefull he can get bigger and stronger so his unorthodoxt game can be backed by muscle, because he's not going to be much more athletic than he is now.

Ed O.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More than anything Zach needs the appropriate pool of talent around him. Which right now is lacking. Also he definately needs to learn to recognize the double team and pass away from it quik enough for the recipient to get a shot off.

·
Registered
731 Posts
it's obvious.. merely by looking at zach's ability to pass out of a double team.. that sabonis didn't teach him a thing

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>yangsta</b>!
it's obvious.. merely by looking at zach's ability to pass out of a double team.. that sabonis didn't teach him a thing
Good point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts