Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

was the nuggets choice in Bzdelik the right one??

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was a good choice. What I think went on behind the scenes is they were only willing to give one or two years to a coach in a contract or three or four if he came cheap (like Bz) in hopes that they could snag a big name coach in time for the spending spree of 2002. Kidd won't come to play for Bz but he or Duncan might for a Larry Brown. That is why Harris and Eddie Jordan backed out. I think Bz is perfect for these young guys. It's Camby and Jackson that I worry about. Lenard is glad he won't be playing under this coach.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I think you're always better off taking a chance with a career assistant like this guy than you are hiring one of these recycled losers like John Lucas or Del Harris or Don Cheney or John McLeod or (the list goes on and on and on...).

Jeff Van Gundy is a guy with no previous head coaching experience, he did great. How about Phil Jackson? Maurice Cheeks is doing a great job in Portland. There are any number of examples.

So yeah, maybe the guy will be lousy, maybe he'll be terrific. But at least he won't be mediocre like those other dudes. You KNOW that they won't be good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts