Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Not Sure Yet

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was This Just Step-1 In A Multi-Step Trade Scenario?

Curious minds want to know..

In one sense, the trade make absolutely no sense as the Blazers shipped out a solid PG for a SF.

On the other hand, reports have indicated that Mo might use Darius as a backup PG.

So, what's the skinny?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Part of me is thinking that this is just the first part of something big, but the other part of me is thinking that unless Ed has his socks off nothing is going down. I don't know if Nash is really in a hurry to move Wallace now and I know he isn't going to make a move just to make a move. John Nash is a smart cookie! :yes:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
If you read some of the comments in some of the other threads about moving players back to their more natural positions, I think it does make some sense.

I can only really see Miles as a SF, due to his horrific shooting. I think he would be 3rd string PG with no shooting touch at all, so hopefully he only makes assists.

There are a few threads otherwise I would link them up. But there are many good posts from our forum group to read.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if you can believe Nash, I guess this answers that...

"For 40-plus games he (Miles) will be on our roster, and we can make an intelligent decision in the offseason as to whether or not we go forward together."
also....

"I was quoted once as saying that a trade was 'likely' . . . well this is the extent of that. Whether there are any further trades, that remains to be seen. I will continue to work the phones and see what is happening......"

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
It makes sense as a terminal move (at least for the season) under the assumption that either Qyntel, Miles or both will be able to be an effective backup point guard...

Otherwise, zaaa?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I voted "not sure yet"

But here is my gut hunch...If a further deal is made it will either include Dale, Rueben or both, I am starting to buy into the we are keeping Sheed, and honestly if we put guys like Miles and Qyntel in there we could be an exciting team to watch.

BTW anyone else think that Miles is the kinda of guy a player like Sheed will thrive with, attitude wise?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
I voted "not sure yet"

But here is my gut hunch...If a further deal is made it will either include Dale, Rueben or both, I am starting to buy into the we are keeping Sheed, and honestly if we put guys like Miles and Qyntel in there we could be an exciting team to watch.

BTW anyone else think that Miles is the kinda of guy a player like Sheed will thrive with, attitude wise?
Brian Wheeler was on the Herd this morning and said that he thinks that Rasheed will be moved before the deadline. He is in the group that doesn't think he is coming back to Portland next season. Myabe he is or mabye he isn't, who really knows?

I do think that there is another move coming, but it could be another small one like yesterday or it could be that Blockbuster with Rasheed included. Dead line is coming up, so I guess we will see.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!

Brian Wheeler was on the Herd this morning and said that he thinks that Rasheed will be moved before the deadline. He is in the group that doesn't think he is coming back to Portland next season. Myabe he is or mabye he isn't, who really knows?
Wheels is using reverse pysychology ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts