Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If u look at it their are 8 SHI*Y teams in the league but 4 of them are on the way up Atlanta/Memphis/Houston and Washington depending on Jordan.That leaves G.S./Denver/Cleveland and Chicago.Now do u think its possible that in an attempt to boost ratings that Stern would SUMMON Jerry West out of retirement and ask him to pick one of the 4 SHI*Y teams remaining,and turn them around?

What do u think??????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
If u look at it their are 8 ****Y teams in the league but 4 of them are on the way up Atlanta/Memphis/Houston and Washington depending on Jordan.That leaves G.S./Denver/Cleveland and Chicago.Now do u think its possible that in an attempt to boost ratings that Stern would SUMMON Jerry West out of retirement and ask him to pick one of the 4 SHI*Y teams remaining,and turn them around?

What do u think??????
Anything is always possible - but this seems not too probable. I think there are probably many reasons West decided to get back into the fray. I don't think we know just what kind of "leadership" role West gets with his new team either.

One thing we do know - he has an uncanny ability to find talent - even in the 2nd round, where some (most) don't "see" what West sees.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
If u look at it their are 8 SHI*Y teams in the league but 4 of them are on the way up Atlanta/Memphis/Houston and Washington depending on Jordan.That leaves G.S./Denver/Cleveland and Chicago.Now do u think its possible that in an attempt to boost ratings that Stern would SUMMON Jerry West out of retirement and ask him to pick one of the 4 SHI*Y teams remaining,and turn them around?

What do u think??????:rolleyes:
Quite frankly Houstin isnt a bad team. They had a really bad year, but that was do to injuries. Mo Taylor didnt play a single game, Rice played around 20. Francis played about half the season. Kenny Thomas and Mobley also missed quite a few games as well in there.
Take away 3 starters from any team for more than half the season as well as their best 6th man and 2nd leading scorer of course they are going to do bad. Many people forget in the 2001 season Houston was 45-37, the best team record wise to not make the playoffs in nba history, only because they were in the West. A healthy Houston team is something to see

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Take away 3 starters from any team for more than half the season as well as their best 6th man and 2nd leading scorer of course they are going to do bad. Many people forget in the 2001 season Houston was 45-37, the best team record wise to not make the playoffs in nba history, only because they were in the West. A healthy Houston team is something to see

Exactly! The Rockets had injuries like the Hawks had so may injuries and that will knock the stuffing out of any team. I don't count the Rockets out - when they're healthy - and I don't underestimate them at all.

Actually, all 3 Texas teams are pretty formidable - when healthy.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I doubt that a man the stature of Jerry west could be 'summoned' by David Stern. He may have got an offer too good to refuse, but you don't summon proud men. They just never respond if you do

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe
I doubt that a man the stature of Jerry west could be 'summoned' by David Stern. He may have got an offer too good to refuse, but you don't summon proud men. They just never respond if you do
Jerry West is a proud man and a very talented man and you're right, nobody can summon West, as he is his own man, for sure.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i agree with shaq and the rifleman here. Stern did not summon Jerry West out of retirement. I also highly doubt he told him where to go either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts