Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think anybody feels like talking about this game but here goes...

The Pistons had led by eight in the fourth quarter, but that lead shrank quickly to one when former Piston Chucky Atkins starting launching -- and landing -- three-pointers. The guard hit three in a row, bringing the score to 84-83, before the Pistons called timeout to regroup.

But Atkins wasn't quite done. With his team trailing by three, he hit one more from two steps behind the line, and he flashed the crowd the OK sign as he ran back to the other end.

His luck ended there. He was called for his sixth foul on the perimeter and went to the bench with 20 points and six three-pointers as the Palace crowded cheered.
A review from special teams reporter Krista Latham

Free Press

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
The sad part is that the Bobcats, of all teams, came out and took Washington to school with some great hustle play tonight. If we were going by mathematics (if Washington beats us, and Charlotte beats them... who does that make Charlotte better than?) we'd look really bad.

Ick. Then again, its expected that a team, after a hardfought game like last night's, would suffer from flying all the way out to Charlotte...

Good win tonight by the `Stons though. Showing the Bucks who the class of this division really are.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
LOL at that writer not knowing different tenses.

Also, they made it sound like we cheered because he fouled out, we didn't - we cheered because he was a huge part of our success when he was a Piston.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
froggyvk said:
LOL at that writer not knowing different tenses.

Also, they made it sound like we cheered because he fouled out, we didn't - we cheered because he was a huge part of our success when he was a Piston.
We cheered because what he did was ONE HELL OF A SHOW. That was an incredibly impressive display of shooting prowess out there.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we cheered because everybody likes Chucky Atkins...let's be serious. Has he done anything to make anybody on the planet dislike him? Not that I know of.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Lope31 said:
I think we cheered because everybody likes Chucky Atkins...let's be serious. Has he done anything to make anybody on the planet dislike him? Not that I know of.
I dislike him cause he lit us up

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I think it was a little bit of both. I didn't see the game but that's the feeling I got from all the stories I read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts