Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
The seven-game series with Boston in 2017 was fun, but last year made it clear that this is a team that needs to be shaken up. Honestly think they should try to move Wall before you can't move him anymore.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
If the Lakers dont get things together quickly enough I could see them being willing to package 1 or more of their young dudes and a pick but they'd probably prefer Beal

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I just don't understand why the Wizards aren't blowing it up right now.

They could get rebuilding assets for Beal, Porter, and probably Oubre. They might even be able to get a heavily protected 1st and some cap relief in a Wall deal. This could be a quick 2-3 season rebuild with some draft luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

They could get rebuilding assets for Beal, Porter, and probably Oubre. They might even be able to get a heavily protected 1st and some cap relief in a Wall deal. This could be a quick 2-3 season rebuild with some draft luck.
they invested already this is only year 2

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
they invested already this is only year 2
What is only year 2? Wall/Beal/Porter has been the core of this team for at least 4 seasons before this one.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts

Beal is the only real asset.

Porter is making an average of 27 mil a year over this year and the next two and isn't playing even remotely close to that level. I've heard his name thrown around in trades and I just laugh. Personally I'd say he's at the point where you have to take a bad deal back just to ship him out.

You didn't mention Wall, and probably because no ones going to trade for a disgruntled quasi star about to enter his supermax deal.

As far as Oubre, I've been rooting for him since he was drafted, but his stock has to be at it's lowest point yet. He's not performing, and being in his 4th year now are always quick to write off upside at that point.

With all that said, I think the reason they haven't blown it up is because they can't. Trade Beal for some 2 of the young prospects on the Lakers? Does that fix the Wizards? And even then, would the Lakers trade 2, or lowball with one and KCP or another expiring? The Wiz are in a tough spot due to bad management.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Beal is the only real asset.

Porter is making an average of 27 mil a year over this year and the next two and isn't playing even remotely close to that level. I've heard his name thrown around in trades and I just laugh. Personally I'd say he's at the point where you have to take a bad deal back just to ship him out.

You didn't mention Wall, and probably because no ones going to trade for a disgruntled quasi star about to enter his supermax deal.

As far as Oubre, I've been rooting for him since he was drafted, but his stock has to be at it's lowest point yet. He's not performing, and being in his 4th year now are always quick to write off upside at that point.

With all that said, I think the reason they haven't blown it up is because they can't. Trade Beal for some 2 of the young prospects on the Lakers? Does that fix the Wizards? And even then, would the Lakers trade 2, or lowball with one and KCP or another expiring? The Wiz are in a tough spot due to bad management.
I agree with you on almost all of that, but I still think a team desperate for a wing (like the Pelicans or Blazers) might give back shorter term deals for Porter and possible 2nd round picks.

While Oubre's value is low, he still might be worth a late first to a team needing young talent with a history of developing that talent like the Spurs perhaps (who have the Raptors' pick).

That being said, they will probably have to add an asset or two to any deal involving Wall - even to the Suns. They might be stuck with him.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I agree with you on almost all of that, but I still think a team desperate for a wing (like the Pelicans or Blazers) might give back shorter term deals for Porter and possible 2nd round picks.

While Oubre's value is low, he still might be worth a late first to a team needing young talent with a history of developing that talent like the Spurs perhaps (who have the Raptors' pick).

That being said, they will probably have to add an asset or two to any deal involving Wall - even to the Suns. They might be stuck with him.
I think the Pelicans learned not to overspend on 3 and D guys when they overpaid my boy Soloman Hill. Man was I ever livid when the Pacers let him go. Not so mad now....

Agreed on Oubre. He's young enough and shown enough in the past where you could get a late first for him I think. Which would make sense for one of the underperforming teams with a weak bench to make a move. Certainly something the Rockets could look at if they wanted to offer 4 firsts for Jimmy.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Oubre on the Rockets actually does make some sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts