Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think is the better team I have a hard time deciding (of course when healthy)

Washington Wizards (40-30)
Chicago Bulls (39-31)

The wizards and bulls season series is tied 1 to 1

in terms of wins/losses the teams are very similar

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
wizards

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
wizards-it seems that Bulls only rely on Gordon

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
the battle of the homers...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
i think chicago is a bit better team. talentwise washington is better. they have alot more firepower especially out on the wings. but chicago is simply a much better defensive team. they have a great defensive big man rotation. chandler, curry (very underrated defensively, but it is a contract year) and davis is as tough and as physical as you will find in the league. deng is so versatile. he can guard so many different positions.

an important stat, washington as a team shoots a .434 and allows a .460 (!!!) fg%. their defense relies almost entirely on forcing turnovers - the have a 1.68 turnover differential, best in the NBA. i dont think its an accident washington is a good team, but they play too much of an innefficient style of play. i think chicago is more solid on both sides, and has more depth.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I don't think forcing turnovers would be a problem for the Wizards since the Bulls have the most turnovers per game than any other team in the league (17.11). Plus Arenas and Hughes are good at getting to the free throw line.

·
Registered
258 Posts
sboydell said:
Who do you guys think is the better team I have a hard time deciding (of course when healthy)

Washington Wizards (40-30)
Chicago Bulls (39-31)

The wizards and bulls season series is tied 1 to 1

in terms of wins/losses the teams are very similar
The Wizards are better of course (when healthy)
Haywood is a better Defender and all around Center than Curry.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Tyson is better than Haywood.

If Hinrich can play effectively the Gordon and Hinrich will prevail the Arenas and Hughes backcourt.

Gordon IMO will be last year Wade where he will almost singlehandly get them to the SemiFinals in the Eastern Conference.

I'll probably take the Bulls they started 0-9 and now they are 5th best team in the East

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The Bulls. Even with all of their injuries, they are on an 8 game winning streak. The Bulls play some of the nastiest smash mouth defense in the NBA. And one on one Curry and Gordon both present huge problems for opposing defenses.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
futuristxen said:
The Bulls. Even with all of their injuries, they are on an 8 game winning streak. The Bulls play some of the nastiest smash mouth defense in the NBA. And one on one Curry and Gordon both present huge problems for opposing defenses.
yes

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Malnutritious said:
The Wizards are better of course (when healthy)
Haywood is a better Defender and all around Center than Curry.
Eddy Curry is not only a better overall center then Haywood but also a better defender then Haywood. Everything about your statement is wrong. Eddy is up there with Yao and Igauskus as a 2nd tier center in the league, as Shaq is the only first tier center in the league. Haywood is like a 10th or 11th tier center. I know its a cliche thing to say that Eddy is not a good defender, but he has been a solid defender his whole career, and a great defender this year. People call lazy and they have this idea of Curry as a lazy no defense center and that is far from the truth. Eddy just plain can't rebound, that is the only major flaw in his game. He can pass out of double teams, defend the post and helps out on defense good now. And of course Eddy can score, he can even box out, he just can't grab them. Haywood can't even sniff Curry's jockstrap, Curry is way better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts