Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait tell the season starts!! The New Orleans Arena going to be rockin! BRing on dem Lakers and Nets so we can show them how the Bourbon Brawlers get it on!!:D

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I am anxious for the season to start, too, and it's only August. The Hornets roster is looking good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our task became a little bit tougher in the past few days with New Jersey's acquistion of Mutombo, so NJ miiiiiiight be the slight favorite in the Eastern Conference right now.

Oh well - you know what they say... the bigger they are, the harder they fall. :laugh:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by <b>COCajun</b>!
Our task became a little bit tougher in the past few days with New Jersey's acquistion of Mutombo, so NJ miiiiiiight be the slight favorite in the Eastern Conference right now.

Oh well - you know what they say... the bigger they are, the harder they fall. :laugh:
I am ready for that challenge to begin!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also heres a little thing about how both us(The Hornets!!) and the Nets( BOOOO) Improved during this offseason.
Nets get:
Dikembe Mutombo:
PPG 11.5
RPG 10.8
APG 1.0
Rodney Rogers:
PPG 12.6
RPG 4.8
APG 1.4
Chris Childs:
PPG 4.1
RPG 2.2
APG 5.1
Nets Lose:
Keith Van Horn:
PPG 14.8
RPG 7.5
APG 2.0
Todd MacCulloch:
PPG 9.7
RPG 6.1
APG 1.3

PPG:+3.7 RPG: +4.2 APG:+4.2

This is how they have improved their linup since the playoffs. Now our turn

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now the improvements for you New Orleans Hornets:
New Orleans Gets:
Jamal Mashburn(injured during playoffs):
PPG 21.5
RPG 6.1
APG 4.3
Courtney Alexander:
PPG 9.8
RPG 2.6
APG 1.5
New Orleans Loses:
ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!

PPG: +31.3 RPG: +8.7 APG: +5.8
Stat wise we got better mainly cause we didnt have to give up anything. Unless you count our 17th pick.
Lets get this season started!:D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BsktbllTrav24</b>!
Now the improvements for you New Orleans Hornets:
New Orleans Gets:
Jamal Mashburn(injured during playoffs):
PPG 21.5
RPG 6.1
APG 4.3
Courtney Alexander:
PPG 9.8
RPG 2.6
APG 1.5
New Orleans Loses:
ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!

PPG: +31.3 RPG: +8.7 APG: +5.8
Stat wise we got better mainly cause we didnt have to give up anything. Unless you count our 17th pick.
Lets get this season started!:D
Good post! I think we will be improved and it will be an exciting inaugural season for our New Orleans Hornets!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
go hornets, win the division title, conference title and nba title and i'll be very happy!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RaginCajun</b>!
I can't wait tell the season starts!! The New Orleans Arena going to be rockin! BRing on dem Lakers and Nets so we can show them how the Bourbon Brawlers get it on!!:D
The Hornets are ready to sting the East.
I really like their frontline - E.Campbell, J.Magloire & PJ.Brown.
That's one of the biggest frontlines in the NBA and they showed in the playoff's last year, just how good they are.
They're just getting started, and I see them seeded as high as #4 or #5, From their on it's Baron's world

:D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dragnsmke1</b>!
The only two teams I fear in the East are the Hornets and Orlando.
Teams such as the Nets & Pacers have improved or already playoff bound, with the Hornets current line-up, they will fear no one especially with Baron running the show. The Magic will be a threat.....if only G.Hill is healthy, but that has yet to be proven. The East will have something for the Western powers to think about this year and the future, But I really like the Hornets at #4 in the playoff's next year. :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.