Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Earl Watson could solve the Knicks' point guard problems. He is on the Nuggets' depth chart behind Andre Miller and Earl Boykins, and Denver is looking for a forward with Nene sidelined. The Knicks could move either Malik Rose or Jerome James for Watson, who scored four points in just over 17 minutes of action."

-New York Daily News
Don't even think the numbers are close though.

-Petey

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Petey said:
Don't even think the numbers are close though.

-Petey
actually they are, 5 mil. for each watson and james , 6 mil. for rose. both fit under trade rules easily $wise.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I'm shocked that Watson is making that much.

-Petey

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
NugzFan said:
:laugh: if ny thinks they could trade rose or james...we dont want your crap.
And you actually think you have a PF or Center at this point that can relieve Camby? You not going to get far with a injury riddle K-Mart and a out for the season Nene.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Kitty said:
And you actually think you have a PF or Center at this point that can relieve Camby? You not going to get far with a injury riddle K-Mart and a out for the season Nene.
I wouldnt give up james for earl Watson so fast...Ild rather go find Frank Williams or see how Jay Williams is healing

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I wouldnt give up james for earl Watson so fast...Ild rather go find Frank Williams or see how Jay Williams is healing
Why? Are you scared to death of PGs who can play defense, can actually run an offense, and don't think shoot first? This comment certainly makes it seem that way.

Or would you be upset because Watson would make Nate Robinson the offical 12th man since he'd actually put up a good A/T ratio to go with the poor shooting percentage?

·
Registered
15 Posts
James for watson is a no brainer. The james signing was the worst move under the isiah era. If the knicks can do it, they should. Theres no point in having james sit out for 5 years and having no value. Same thing for denver, no need for watson to be sitting out.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Watson is not a pure point....

Anyone that thinks he is is deluding themselves....LB has said as much. He is more of a scoring guard pg and we have one already. Marbury will make a crappy 2 guard besides.....he has no idea of game flow and will always be prone take badly timed shots when control is what is needed..no judgement.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Re: Watson is not a pure point....

alphadog said:
Anyone that thinks he is is deluding themselves....LB has said as much. He is more of a scoring guard pg and we have one already. Marbury will make a crappy 2 guard besides.....he has no idea of game flow and will always be prone take badly timed shots when control is what is needed..no judgement.
thank you Alfa...a little sanity is always welcomed....

·
Registered
981 Posts
Article in the Post...

said we are looking for a PG but don't have the resources to trade. Also said that Curry is the ONLY untouchable. I hate the sound of that...Lee and Frye are future stars, in their own way, although for Lee it may be as a role player. Anyone else I am OK with although I like Nate and think he may turn out to be a good one, even if he is another bench player. Too much heart and hustle to trade. If we have to take our lumps this year, so be it. I'll wait for the season end and another good draft/trade.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Re: Article in the Post...

alphadog said:
said we are looking for a PG but don't have the resources to trade. Also said that Curry is the ONLY untouchable. I hate the sound of that...Lee and Frye are future stars, in their own way, although for Lee it may be as a role player. Anyone else I am OK with although I like Nate and think he may turn out to be a good one, even if he is another bench player. Too much heart and hustle to trade. If we have to take our lumps this year, so be it. I'll wait for the season end and another good draft/trade.
If Frye isnt untouchable or dam close(KG trade),then Zeke or Brown should have their collective heads examined..The guy is far better than I ever imagined,and I was high on him from the start.Other than Sheed,Dirk or TD,I cant think of many 6'11 players with his stroke...And the soft label is ridiculous

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You never heard of Vladimir Radmanovic or Pat Garrity? They have 3pt range and are just as mediocre on the boards.

I certainly hope you haven't forgotten Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudemire, Rashard Lewis, Pau Gasol, etc.

Frye's mid-range game is hardly any better than Marcus Camby's, and certainly isn't better than Antonio McDyess' or Kurt Thomas'. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Where does the soft label come from?

He's not Oakley. He's not Mason. He's not Horace Grant. He's not Kurt Thomas. He's not Udonis Haslem. He's certainly not hard, that's for sure.

Anyone that thinks he is is deluding themselves....LB has said as much. He is more of a scoring guard pg and we have one already.
Are you talking about Watson? He's averaged 5.7 ppg for his career. He's averaged 3.6 apg to go with 1.5 tpg, which is a very good ratio.

Marbury will make a crappy 2 guard besides.....he has no idea of game flow and will always be prone take badly timed shots when control is what is needed..no judgement.
Because you know, Kobe, Tmac, and Iverson NEVER take ill-advised shots. Never ever.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Rashidi said:
Frye's mid-range game is hardly any better than Marcus Camby's, and certainly isn't better than Antonio McDyess' or Kurt Thomas'. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
From what I seen so far his mid-range game is way better than Marcus, and is just as good as KT and Diceman

Rashidi said:
Where does the soft label come from?

He's not Oakley. He's not Mason. He's not Horace Grant. He's not Kurt Thomas. He's not Udonis Haslem. He's certainly not hard, that's for sure.
Guys like Oak, Mason and Grant are extinct. PF's like that are hard to come by. He isn't soft and he isn't Oakley but he isn't afraid to get in there and defend and rebound.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Rashidi said:
You never heard of Vladimir Radmanovic or Pat Garrity? They have 3pt range and are just as mediocre on the boards.

I certainly hope you haven't forgotten Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudemire, Rashard Lewis, Pau Gasol, etc.

I heard of every one of those guys...Read the quote..I said players who are 6'11"...And you must be joking with Amare,Dice and Camby....

·
Registered
981 Posts
Truth....

...Don't bite, Rashidi is trolling again. He makes some of the dumbest statements...the only purpose HAS to be to engage and enrage. Nobody can be THAT stupid.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Re: Truth....

Rashidi is the epitome of trolling on this board. But I agree with him on ONE issue. That is that Watson would actually help this team.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts