Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a game ... Reggie was awesome. Paid the Lakers back for upstaging his retirement tour through LA.

And, he looked good doing it; doesn't look 40? years old at all.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
is he a FA after this year? Or one year left on his contract? Maybe the cilppers can convince him to come out of retirement if they get allen or redd, and then he could have a shot at a ring. LOL. Can you imagine miller coming home to LA to be our 6th man? Wishful thinking, yet fun wishful thinking

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:
is he a FA after this year? Or one year left on his contract? Maybe the cilppers can convince him to come out of retirement if they get allen or redd, and then he could have a shot at a ring. LOL. Can you imagine miller coming home to LA to be our 6th man? Wishful thinking, yet fun wishful thinking

He is such a diehard loyal pacer.. I cant see him going anywhere else. In his career he has even taken less money just to remain on the pacers. I respect the guy so much because of that.

But he is one dirty player.. lol. I love it, but man talk about nasty on the court. He practically knocked Kobe and jones out. lol. The Kobe hit didnt look very accidental either.

But he was on fire, no arguement there.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CDRacingZX6R ...The Kobe hit didnt look very accidental either....QUOTE said:
I'm SURE it wasn't. Kobe showed disrespect to his elder during that tour. Kobe's half his age and tried to show he was a better player. He did the same thing to MJ on his retirement tour. He got no respect, or publicity for that action. No one respects you when you do that to players that are pass their prime that paved the way for you to make $135 Million. It proves nothing that you can outscore a player that is retiring. It only emphasized what type of person Kobe is.

Not only that, Kobe tried to choke Reggie before, and Reggie made the statement, "Kobe has issues" to deal with.

Where were you? This is nothing new.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
CDRacingZX6R ...The Kobe hit didnt look very accidental either....QUOTE said:
I'm SURE it wasn't. Kobe showed disrespect to his elder during that tour. Kobe's half his age and tried to show he was a better player. He did the same thing to MJ on his retirement tour. He got no respect, or publicity for that action. No one respects you when you do that to players that are pass their prime that paved the way for you to make $135 Million. It proves nothing that you can outscore a player that is retiring. It only emphasized what type of person Kobe is.

Not only that, Kobe tried to choke Reggie before, and Reggie made the statement, "Kobe has issues" to deal with.

Where were you? This is nothing new.
Well, im surpried you know so much since your not allowed to watch games.... But the simple fact of the matter is, Kobe Bryant is far better than Reggie Miller. Bryant is probably one of the most competetitive players in the game, and when he plays teams like Houston, Wizards (When the had MJ), pacers, etc he wants to rise to the ocasion. If he were on the Clippers I'd want him to grill Reggie Miller to. For Kobe its all about playing the best. I doubt kobe was like "Well, Reggie is almost 40.. Maybe I should just suck up to him, and not try to beat him out there". IF you were Reggie Miller would you want that? No you would want Kobe to come at you full force, especally being your last year, so you could still prove that even retiring and old you have something left in you.

The funny part is if the pacers and miller stood in the way of the clippers getting into the playoffs, you'd want them to massicare the pacers. But when Bryant does it, or at least tries to do it.. Than its an evil act... No one in the league went easy on Magic when he returned, and it was for a reason.

For the record Miller has probably been in more fights, than Kobe has years in this world. He has always been a compettive, tough guy on the court. Patrick Ewing said once not to underestimate his size, cause he mixes it up like a big man when he has to. That says a lot considering the guys as small as he is in NBA standards. Maybe you were to young to watch his 1998 season, but the guy could be down right nasty in some games. It doesnt bother me, I love that he plays aggressive basketball. Reminds me of Karl Malone.

By the way, Bryant and Jordon are friends in real life. Kobe only played Jordon hard, because he was constantly being compared to Jordon.

Kobe is a competitor, and though his last few games have sucked, the guy hasnt had a very easy season.

I know Kobe is a laker, and being a laker most non-laker fans have to basically over analyze everything he says or does, and hate his guts.. But the line of reasoning that Kobe should have bowed down to his elder and gave him a free walk is just sad. Kobe played Reggie aggressively, Reggie got frusterated and hit him in the face. Tuff break, but thats basketball.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts