Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys you have to admit it has become a tad boring, so since the officials and administrators cannot seeem to think of ways to improve the structure of this event then I will take it upon myself to do it. It just needs something new as an addition to the main game, rookie challenge, 3 point shootout and dunk competition.

We need to have a two on two competition, featuring 2 representatives from each side, first to 11, in a knockout competition. Why not, the fans would love it and would love to see some kick a'ss one on one and huge open dunks.

Atlanta - Terry, Shareef
Boston - Pierce, Walker
Chicago - Rose, Chandler
Cleveland - Wagner, Miles
Denver - Jackson, Camby
Detroit - Stackhouse, Wallace
Golden State - Richardson, Jamison
Houston - Francis, Griffin
Indiana - Tinsley, Jermaine
Clippers - Miller, Odom
Lakers - Check this out - Kobe, Shaq
Miami - Jones, Zo
Milwaukee - Allen, Thomas
Minnesota - KG, Wally
Orlando - Hill, T-Mac
Philadelphia - Iverson, Van Horn
Phoenix - Marbury, Marion
Seattle - Payton, Lewis
San Antonio - Duncan, Parker
Toronto - Carter, Davis
Utah, Stockton, Malone
Washington - Brown, Hamilton
Memphis - Williams, Gasol
New Orleans - Davis, Mashburn
Dallas - Finley, Dirk
Portland - Pippen, Wallace
Sacramento - Webber, Bibby
Nets - Kidd, Martin
Knicks - Spree, McDyess

Why wouldn't this work?? It would not take alot of time in a knock out first to 11 contest. Maybe make the fans, vote for which players they want to see on a particular team, so then the players cannot pull out for stupid reasons, as they would not want to let down their fans. This is just an idea and it seems that the administators are not doing anything to improve it anyway.

Or how about a one-on-one competition?? Yeah, this would not work as the players would not want the humiliation of getting their a'ss kicked on national TV and in front of a huge crowd. But these are some ideas that need to be passed around. as good as All-Star weekend is, it has become a tad stale and a new concept needs to be tried and raised. I mean who does not love 2 on 2 games. How sick would it be seeing Hill and T-Mac dunking off alley-oops and feeding off their unbelievable skills. The players would play, as it is something different and fun and a chance to take a time out and showcase their skills in front of the live crowd. Opinions required, haters bring it on!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I like it. However it would take a bit long. I would like to see a one on one competition with the following players

Pierce
TMAC
Kobe
AI
Francis
Baron Davis
Vince
Stackhouse

Then we could really see who is the best 1 on 1 player and all of this Kobe vs. TMAC vs. Pierce crap would stop. I know there arent any big guys but if i put them in they would when because of their size.

They need to redo the slam dunk contest. Get the best dunkers vince, kobe etc. and take of the wheel. Players like Francis didnt have a chance since they had to do a dunk in which they had to be able to palm the ball.

All Star weekend itenary

GAME
rookie game
Dunk Contest
3 point shootout
1 on 1 competition

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!
Then we could really see who is the best 1 on 1 player and all of this Kobe vs. TMAC vs. Pierce crap would stop. I know there arent any big guys but if i put them in they would when because of their size.
I don't think that would stop anything, but that's the best part. I think the winner would only be the winner for a year because the rest of the guys would hit the gym because they lost and come back 1-on-1 machines the next year. Pride is nonexistent in the current format.

They need to redo the slam dunk contest. Get the best dunkers vince, kobe etc. and take of the wheel. Players like Francis didnt have a chance since they had to do a dunk in which they had to be able to palm the ball.
Do you know Kobe would have competed in last year's competition, but no one called him to ask him to be in it???

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RollWithEm</b>!

Do you know Kobe would have competed in last year's competition, but no one called him to ask him to be in it???
How the hell can David Stern not invite kobe who is one of the best dunkers in the game to the Slam Dunk Contest.

He needs to stop inviting all of these ok dunkers and start inviting the great players

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
They need better prizes

Right now there is basically no reason for a guy like Vince to enter a dunk contest, because he's already won it and everyone knows what he can do so he doesn't feel the need to prove himself. But if they would do something like give away some tight cars or something it might at least get him to think about it.

I think the 2 on 2 would be the best thing they could add, and make sure they don't bring back the 3 on 3 with the average player, old player, wnba player, and celebrity teams. That was just plain **edited** . I think the players should enter in before the season teams of 2, and they could pick whoever they wanted, and then have the fans vote on them just like they vote for the all stars. If someone got injured then their parter would just get to pick someone else who wasn't in it. They could have 8 teams, which wouldn't take long and would ensure that most, if not all of the players are very good players and not just the average guys who can dunk. Plus 8 teams would fit into a bracket, so there would only be 7 games, which wouldn't take too long I think. I know I would watch the whole thing, and it couldn't take more than an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

·
Registered
119 Posts
another thing they could do to spice up allstar weekend would feature This is not acceptable here - Community Moderator - John during the half-time shows of the rookie vs soph and the actual all star game.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I think one thing they could do to spice up all star weekend would be to name which players made the game and go playground style SHOOT FOR TEAMS, or HAVE the TWO TOP VOTE GETTERS CHOOSE SIDES, that would make the game unpredictable and maybe more exciting, seeing guys choose their friends maybe some unusual match-ups.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jazzy1</b>!
I think one thing they could do to spice up all star weekend would be to name which players made the game and go playground style SHOOT FOR TEAMS, or HAVE the TWO TOP VOTE GETTERS CHOOSE SIDES, that would make the game unpredictable and maybe more exciting, seeing guys choose their friends maybe some unusual match-ups.
One team could have

SHAQ, Duncan, KG, Webber, ZO while the other could have

Pierce, Kobe, TMAC, Kidd, Vince

That would be hilarious to see the big team handle the ball and the little team to play D

I would rather have the one on one competition or the two on two competition though and keep the all star game the way it is

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
that would be tight jazzy

Great idea, have the players pick the teams. The only problem with that would be the coaching, but the coaching doesn't really matter in an all star game.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Only problem I'd have with a 1on1 or 2on2 would be it'd get to rough,I remember years ago there was a 1on1 contest with NBA players Ican't remeber all the particpants,MAHMOUD ABDUR RAUF or Chris Jackson was in it and others and the guys had busted lips scratches it was way to sloppy but maybe with a tweaking of the rules it could work.

WHAT ABOUT A GAME OF H O R S E , WOULD REALLY BRING OUT THE CREATIVENESS OF THE PLAYERS.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Yeah, horse would be tight too

If they used real stars for the 2 on 2 then I don't think it would get rough. If they used middle of the road guys like mamoud abul rauf or whatever his name is then yeah, I see how it could get rough, because they probably would feel like they have something to prove, but with real all stars playing 2 on 2 it would probably be more like an exhibition, and they wouldn't take it too seriously.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts