Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sayin', yo.

The NBA has a new ruler and/or overlord.

Right now he is the answer to the questions "Who will be the 2008 NBA MVP?" and "Who would you turn for?"

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Think you mean 30/7.6/8
No, I think you mean 37.6 ppg/9.3 rpg/10.0 apg. That's what he averaged for the 7 games he play before he got injured, and I'm sure that's what she was referring to. Now, I may be jumping the gun, but I feel I shouldn't be surprised that you posted that considering how much of a Dwight fan you are.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No, I think you mean 37.6 ppg/9.3 rpg/10.0 apg. That's what he averaged for the 7 games he play before he got injured, and I'm sure that's what she was referring to. Now, I may be jumping the gun, but I feel I shouldn't be surprised that you posted that considering how much of a Dwight fan you are.
Sorry, didn't know we were skewing numbers to make them look better.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
31/8/8/2/2 vs 24/15/1/1/3

Would you rather have the extra 7 rebounds and 1 blocked shot per night, or the extra 7 points, 7 assists, 1 steal? Statistically and realistically, Howard is playing really great, but he's not on Lebron's level. Lebron is playing on a level with Chamberlain, Jordan, and the Big O this year.

DHowards statistics this year are almost identical to Shaq's rookie year numbers. I just noticed that. Very cool. Shaq actually blocked more shots, if you can believe that. He blocked 3.5 per game.

God I miss Shaq. I didn't think I ever would. But I do. Watching him play last night, I just wished he would have started smashing dunks on people. So sad.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
31/8/8/2/2 vs 24/15/1/1/3

Would you rather have the extra 7 rebounds and 1 blocked shot per night, or the extra 7 points, 7 assists, 1 steal? Statistically and realistically, Howard is playing really great, but he's not on Lebron's level. Lebron is playing on a level with Chamberlain, Jordan, and the Big O this year.

DHowards statistics this year are almost identical to Shaq's rookie year numbers. I just noticed that. Very cool. Shaq actually blocked more shots, if you can believe that. He blocked 3.5 per game.

God I miss Shaq. I didn't think I ever would. But I do. Watching him play last night, I just wished he would have started smashing dunks on people. So sad.
I could have sworn Jordan, Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson played on teams that played .500+ ball.

And please don't give me that **** about it being early in the year and the Cavs are going to win like 20 games in a row when 'Bron gets healthy and the Magic are going to magically suck. Also, before you do, I don't care that the Cavs are reigning Eastern Conference champs. You're talking about this year, so let's talk about this year.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
now ur going overboard.
this comparison bull**** is so pointless and tedious.They play two different roles on two very different teams.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
I could have sworn Jordan, Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson played on teams that played .500+ ball.

And please don't give me that **** about it being early in the year and the Cavs are going to win like 20 games in a row when 'Bron gets healthy and the Magic are going to magically suck. Also, before you do, I don't care that the Cavs are reigning Eastern Conference champs. You're talking about this year, so let's talk about this year.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1987.html

·
The Johns
14,464 Posts
I could have sworn Lebron James, Jordan, Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson played on teams that played .500+ ball.

Fixed.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I could have sworn the Cavs were +.500. They'd be even farther above .500 but Lebron has missed the last two games against the Pistons and Raptors respectively. At least Lebron can get out of the first round of the playoffs.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
this comparison bull**** is so pointless and tedious.They play two different roles on two very different teams.
Right. But we're talking about MVP. And Lebron is more valuable to the Cavs than Howard is to the Magic. Which is saying a lot because Howard is way valuable to the Magic. Howard is probably the clear cut number 2 in the MVP race. And if the Magic keep it up and Howard keeps playing this way, and Lebron continues to not play games, then the waters could get murky in that respect. But Lebron's only missed a game and a half, and somehow he went from clear cut MVP on monday, to not even being in the arguement against Howard on Saturday.

·
Registered
152 Posts

lol...The cavs, as has already been stated, are .500+

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
Pimped out it would have better if you showed Mike when he got 30 8 8 instead.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1989.html
Now those wins and losses are prolly going to be somehwat like the Cavs.
Might as well throw in a few of oscars seasons too
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CIN/1961.html 30.5/10.1/9.7 on a sub .500 team
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CIN/1962.html 30.8/12.4/11.5 on a 43-37 team
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CIN/1962.html 30.5/6.2/10.7 on a sub .500 team

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I really love Howard,but when you start trying to compare him to Lebron you're on very shaky ground.And by the way neither of them is more valuable than Mr Tim Duncan.The fact that his team is coasting to the best record in the league notwithstandign.

·
The Johns
14,464 Posts
I really love Howard,but when you start trying to compare him to Lebron you're on very shaky ground.And by the way neither of them is more valuable than Mr Tim Duncan.The fact that his team is coasting to the best record in the league notwithstandign.
I think that was true up to last year, but watching the Cavs this year, it's clear nobody is more vital to his team's success than Lebron.

·
BIG $$$
7,105 Posts
Wow, this is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.

Hey everyone, let's argue about numbers! That's all basketball is, right!?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts