Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come playoff time, I think we can make a little run... against any team other than the Heat from the East.

If we run into Boston, they love hating on Kidd, and Kidd plays better in that atmosphere. Anyone recall when we were up big, they started chanting wife beater, and he shot a 3 instead of holding the ball and hitting? Yeah, that was awesome...

If we run into the Pistons, I can't imagine most of the left over players from last year being too happy about getting bounced. And with RJ, I think he'll have a nice showing, even vs. an ever improving Prince.

And then there is Carter. Who here doesn't think he is going to TRY 100% to shut up every writer about him and his playoff 'success'?

The boys are gonna be jacked. And honestly, would there be a better NBA story? Injuried effecting a team, then a big trade, injuries again, and playoffs. I won't be shocked if the league tried to push the story a bit, how many more NBA fans will watch a 'high flying' Carter led Nets team in the 2nd round, then a Celtics-Pistons series?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Petey said:
Come playoff time, I think we can make a little run... against any team other than the Heat from the East.

If we run into Boston, they love hating on Kidd, and Kidd plays better in that atmosphere. Anyone recall when we were up big, they started chanting wife beater, and he shot a 3 instead of holding the ball and hitting? Yeah, that was awesome...

If we run into the Pistons, I can't imagine most of the left over players from last year being too happy about getting bounced. And with RJ, I think he'll have a nice showing, even vs. an ever improving Prince.

And then there is Carter. Who here doesn't think he is going to TRY 100% to shut up every writer about him and his playoff 'success'?

The boys are gonna be jacked. And honestly, would there be a better NBA story? Injuried effecting a team, then a big trade, injuries again, and playoffs. I won't be shocked if the league tried to push the story a bit, how many more NBA fans will watch a 'high flying' Carter led Nets team in the 2nd round, then a Celtics-Pistons series?

-Petey
VC has been a great playoff preformer...I remember in 2001 he hit the game winning 3 pointer from the corner to eliminate the knicks from the playoffs.

I think we have a great chance of beating the Celtics or Pistons

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
Yea, Kidd thrives in that kind of atmosphere, new coach, GP, Ricky Davis added into the mix bodes for a tough matchup but something the Nets can pull out in a 7 gamer.

As for Detroit, we have their number we were up 3-2 going home for Game 6. We have no one to play but ourselves....not even Kidd on one leg. Chauncy-RJ is enough motivation for us to get it done, that's why I want them in Round 1, lets eliminate the defending champs in Round 1.

Either would be fine.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet we go to the line more that our opponent every game, unless we are playing the Heat.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
Yea, Kidd thrives in that kind of atmosphere, new coach, GP, Ricky Davis added into the mix bodes for a tough matchup but something the Nets can pull out in a 7 gamer.

As for Detroit, we have their number we were up 3-2 going home for Game 6. We have no one to play but ourselves....not even Kidd on one leg. Chauncy-RJ is enough motivation for us to get it done, that's why I want them in Round 1, lets eliminate the defending champs in Round 1.

Either would be fine.
Let me start off by saying that I do not believe any of this will happen. I think we are still a long shot for the playoffs.

HOWEVER...

I would LOVE to see us take out Detroit in the 1st round. Not only because we eliminated the defending champs, but for putting Billups in his place.

After that, seeing a JKidd vs GP matchup in the playoffs would be great!

It would be nice if all of that could happen.

·
Registered
839 Posts
ya, espn insider has already started the speculation that they´ll sneak in, that they´re a team on the rise. it would be a great story that the media will eat up. and in the playoffs, anything can happen!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
furnace said:
Let me start off by saying that I do not believe any of this will happen. I think we are still a long shot for the playoffs.

HOWEVER...

I would LOVE to see us take out Detroit in the 1st round. Not only because we eliminated the defending champs, but for putting Billups in his place.

After that, seeing a JKidd vs GP matchup in the playoffs would be great!

It would be nice if all of that could happen.
We are 1 game out of 8th and 2 out of 7th.

-Petey

Reactions: Pejavlade
1 - 10 of 10 Posts