Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is a second option at best.

I loved his game when he was scoring 19/20 a game on a really high percentage getting his shots quietly and being shocked to see him with 20 at the end of the game.

Now it seems like he is touching the ball a ton more and not that much of an increase in his production. He is not a good enough at handling the ball or passing to be the focal point of the offense.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I agree I like RJ but he should be a 2nd or third option. He isn't consisant enough despite his 24 ppg average. Thats why im hoping that Krstic would return to form soon to take pressure off Carter and RJ.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Thorn should trade both if he wants to go into full rebuilding mode..

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
RJ could be a grat 2nd option. He's a good guy and somewhat youthful. Vince needs to go if they want to rebuild.
2nd option to who? Devin Harris? Nenad Krstic?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Jersey is damned to the lottery. Your not getting a quick-fix to make it into the playoffs. RJ could be an option to whoever they add. Come on now, man.
In the east, where a team can be 7-8 games under .500 and still be 6th in the playoff picture, noone can be assured they'll be in the lottery.. And even if the nets do end up in the lottery, there's not a good chance that they'll find a go to guy that RJ can play second fiddle to..

Trade RJ while his value is high, as it will never get higher than it is at the moment..

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
In the east, where a team can be 7-8 games under .500 and still be 6th in the playoff picture, noone can be assured they'll be in the lottery.. And even if the nets do end up in the lottery, there's not a good chance that they'll find a go to guy that RJ can play second fiddle to..

Trade RJ while his value is high, as it will never get higher than it is at the moment..
Harris can create shots for himself and for his teammates

he's definitely not as good as Kidd does but Harris can take anyone off the dribble, that can leave lanes for RJ to drive or give him open looks...he can do that better than Kidd.

Maybe that's why there are talks of getting Mike Miller..having a good 3pt shooter on the outside that's efficient works with DH and RJ.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Mike Miller would change this team alot. He is a shooter who can also create off the dribble. Thorn needs to make this happen.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
His value will never be better. Its common sense to trade while high. Now that Kidd is gone, it means more of RJ's points have to come off isos, quite frankly I shudder at that thought.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
His value will never be better. Its common sense to trade while high. Now that Kidd is gone, it means more of RJ's points have to come off isos, quite frankly I shudder at that thought.
I am already shuddering at the thought of ISOing altogether. I would rather keep RJ first than VC just because of age factor. VC might even have higher trade value because of popularity so I say do it. If its for expiring contracts, picks, or a big man, i say do it. Basically I am all for all rumors. If we do, we might not have a solid go to guy but whatever, can't be worse than now. Rebuild now with a young energetic guy now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
firstly i agree with the guy who started this thread rj is horrible at creating his own shot and his court vision is bad as hell. when he gets the ball to post up he always turns, faces the opponent and barely drives in. instead he just shoots a jumper and it misses a lot of the times and it just gets me pissed. vince on the other hand knows what he's doing but doesnt do it enough. if rj had vinces abilities he would be great and if vince had rjs effort and determination vince would be even better. but that aint happening. i bet half of you are determining how the nets are gonna play from the game at toronto. firstly that game shouldnt matter. it was unexpected when kidd got traded plus we had toronto booin carter. i think when harris comes the nets will be great. i dont want mike miller really because what position is he gonna play?? **** no he aint playing back up.....if we trade rj for miller u kno then im all 4 it

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
firstly i agree with the guy who started this thread rj is horrible at creating his own shot and his court vision is bad as hell. when he gets the ball to post up he always turns, faces the opponent and barely drives in. instead he just shoots a jumper and it misses a lot of the times and it just gets me pissed. vince on the other hand knows what he's doing but doesnt do it enough. if rj had vinces abilities he would be great and if vince had rjs effort and determination vince would be even better. but that aint happening. i bet half of you are determining how the nets are gonna play from the game at toronto. firstly that game shouldnt matter. it was unexpected when kidd got traded plus we had toronto booin carter. i think when harris comes the nets will be great. i dont want mike miller really because what position is he gonna play?? **** no he aint playing back up.....if we trade rj for miller u kno then im all 4 it
Its not that VC isn't doing it, he can't do it. you can tell he lost his first step. He isn't as explosive as he used to be.

and just to be a nitpicker, one too many firstly.

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
Memphis is trying to rebuild they probably don't want anyone with more than 2 years remaining on a contract.
RJ is having his best year the best time to trade him would be now if the front office wants to rebuild with all young players.
Most people say now that Kidd's been traded you might as well trade Vince.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts