Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking over our roster and thinking that we need one more good Shooting Guard. I know Portland is stacked with talent and Bonzi hasnt signed yet so maybe we could pull off a sign and trade to get him or maybe try to trade for Derick Anderson. They are overcrowded up and down their entire line-up with Pippen, Wells, Woods, Anderson, and Patterson playing the 2 or 3. Wally Szerbiak seems to not be making much of a home in minnesota either. I just was thinking how sweet our line-up could be if we had

Williams
(Starting SG Here)
Rose
Chandler
Curry

Bench:
Crawford
Hassel/Mason (injured)
Marshall/Robinson
Fizer/Baxter
Blount/Bagaric

We obviously have room to trade a few players. It would not hurt too bad to trade Robinson, Crawford (if we could get another back up pg), Fizer(Baxter should be fine) and maybe Bagaric since he is a big body, some teams might be fooled into taking him. I think we are a starting SG away from being a excellent team by 2004 and we could be a great team for years to come. I know most people say that Rose will start at SG but if we have him at SF, his natural position and get someone like Anderson, Bonzi, Szerbiak(SP?) or any other good quality starting SG we would have Marshall coming off the bench where he has proven to be very effective, hassel is a good back up 2, and we should be set. Maybe we can just pray to get Lebron James. It just seems that we are overloaded in some positions and at others thin and we are trying to compensate for that.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I also think that Rose could be your SG, and you could trade for a SF, or use someone like Marshall.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Give me a lock down defender at the swing position who can cover whoever Rose can't (strength wise or speed wise) and I think the team is set starting-wise. Hassell could be that guy although he does not have the height to defend some threes.

Not every starter has to, nor perhaps should be a potential allstar.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
An Artest or Harrington would be a good fit on our team. I brought up this idea but got shot down by a few people. :)) But i doubt if the Pacers would let either one out of their hands. What about Sprewell?? Nevermind, we already have Rose. What about Christie of Sac??? But who do we have to give up??

·
Registered
387 Posts
It may be so that we could use someone to fulfil a specific role at the 2 or 3, though the 1, 2 and 3 positions aren't nearly as weak as our rebounding and big man department. For a team that finished last, to have jwil, jcraw, thas, fhoi, erob, jrose and dmar at the 1, 2 and 3 positions we're not doing to badly for talent, sure defensively they're not that strong, though not nearly as bigger weakness as tchan ecurry dbag mfiz and cblo are as far as being strong rebounding defensive players. Foul trouble will criplle this team on countless equations as will rebounding for the time being. Though the future is looking mighty bright.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had also thought about trading for Christie, because he is one of the best defensive wingmen in the game. However, I really don't think Sacramento would trade him because of this, and because I don't believe we have what they would want because they already have great depth. I think we would be best if we just stook with Hassell at the starting SG position, unless we trade for a guy that gets around 18ppg and plays good defense (HINT: Eddie Jones).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts