Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All we need is a 6"11 to 7"1 that is strong, can play rebound, and play solid D off the bench

Sweetney and Chandler should be our starting front-court... over the past 3 games sweetney has shown us that he's capable of starting and making the team good because of him starting... him and tyson might become the duo that we were hoping tyson and eddy was going to become

... for those teams that have 2 tall front court players such as the Spurs and T'wolves we can use our solid 7ft big man off the bench

·
Sunlight in a distant sky
2,810 Posts
Peja Who ?

I still say Drew Gooden and we either throw the money at Nene or Pryz if we don't want cheaper cost ( in Rasho or Skinner )

I don't love any of the bigs coming out of the draft ..maybe Josh Boone if I had to pick somebody but I am more receptive to use expriing contracts and a draft pick now to get our vet defensive rebounding big that can smooth out Tyson and Sweets fouling inconsistencies

And then make the big play for Drew Gooden , and who , I have settled as my #1 big man choice to add with Tyson , Sweets , Othella and defensive trade target big who we get now.

That leaves us maybe with the Knicks pick and free agency to bolster the wings

Ronnie Brewer in the draft and Jiri Welsch in free agency

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd rather have a legit 7ft player that can play D over gooden

Nene is one possibility, Nazr is another, so is pryzibilla..... Wilcox is also one, but he doesn't have the mass that i would wan't in a tall center

...but all we need is a role player off the bench to provide us with D when 2 7ft frontcourt players dominate us

·
2,810 Posts
Its just that Nazr doesn't really play any D ..he's quite limited really

And yeah Nene ..Pryz ..whatever but we will find a vet that is just as effective for half the cost

Plus with Chandler and Sweets still being so young and adding a younger vet whether it be Nene, Pryz or Gooden.. we need to age/mature the front line not make it younger right across the boad and make it younger still by adding big man projects that outside of Shelly Williams may not contribute for awhile

EG : Chandler is a 4 /5 combo ..that is best suited coming from the bench as a 4th quarter closer as he did last year

Sweets should start and give us our impetus but toward the end of games I don't think he has the gas ..much like Eddy last year is how we should use him . Going inside to Sweets early and often in inside /out to open up the game for our shooters is absolutely the way to go

So Pryz and Nene do make some sense ..to pair with Sweets to start...Chandler and Gooden from the bench and Harrington and Songaila in reserve /support ..

I would actually prefer to deal Songaila and Allen for Skinner to pair with Harrington as the vet supports to a young core 4 of Nene, Sweetney,Chandler and Gooden

You would have to think that Nene and Gooden will chew up to $15M and the differential between Skinner and Songaila will be $3M which only gives $2M to $3M to shore up the swing guard spot

You could get Jiri Welsh for this money and plus we'll be able to build further depth through the draft at this position

Nene
Sweetney
Deng
Hinrich
Duhon

bench

Chandler
Gooden
Nocioni
Welsch
Gordon

Skinner
O.Harrington
Gray ( Draft - Bulls pick )
Brewer ( Draft - Knicks pick)
Pargo

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt the bulls would go for BOTH gooden and nene... we do need to pay our other rooks and sweetney

I am hopin to get nene, then snag one more big guy in the draft and get a tall pure 2-guard in the draft

·
2,810 Posts
nanokooshball said:
I doubt the bulls would go for BOTH gooden and nene... we do need to pay our other rooks and sweetney

I am hopin to get nene, then snag one more big guy in the draft and get a tall pure 2-guard in the draft
You can play all 4 quite easily

Would you trade for Pierce and Blount and have $20M committed and where we had lose one of Kirk and Gordon ?

Or would you pay $18M for Nene, Gooden and Welsch and have Welsch support Chris , Kirk and Ben and also back up Deng and Nocioni at the 3 ?

Pretty easy decision for me ..and that's the latter . Better bang for the buck and much deeper in positional coverage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts