Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suns= NBA champions. Mark my words I garantee it!

Edit: Just thought of a bet. Any team board think your team is going to win? If your team does better than the Suns, we wear your avatar. When the Suns win the championship, you wear the Suns avatar. Deal.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Kekai23 said:
Suns= NBA champions. Mark my words I garantee it!

Edit: Just thought of a bet. Any team board think your team is going to win? If your team does better than the Suns, we wear your avatar. When the Suns win the championship, you wear the Suns avatar. Deal.
I hope you just didn't jinx with that. I'd rather us go under the radar and not have anyone focus on us doing something in playoffs which no one clearly thinks we'll do anything. And by saying that it puts focus on us. Sorry, I'm just very superstitious lol

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
dissonance19 said:
I hope you just didn't jinx with that. I'd rather us go under the radar and not have anyone focus on us doing something in playoffs which no one clearly thinks we'll do anything. And by saying that it puts focus on us. Sorry, I'm just very superstitious lol
teams don't "fly under the radar" when they are the #1 overall team going into the playoffs, it just doesnt work like that.
Expect coaches to do a very good job in reviewing teams of previous years that have a similar playing style as you guys, and making adjustments to force it into a half court game for 48 minutes. Of course this is MUCH easier said than done, but teams like san antonio, seattle, and memphis are all very apt at playing that way.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I see the Suns having a very good chance of getting through the first round, a solid shot at winning the second round, and an outside chance of winning the third round and getting to the finals.

A lot will depend on their shooting. No one can really beat the Suns if they shoot well, but the Suns do have a better chance of winning when cold than say the 2001-02 Mavs (who got the conference finals).

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Tooeasy said:
teams don't "fly under the radar" when they are the #1 overall team going into the playoffs, it just doesnt work like that.
Expect coaches to do a very good job in reviewing teams of previous years that have a similar playing style as you guys, and making adjustments to force it into a half court game for 48 minutes. Of course this is MUCH easier said than done, but teams like san antonio, seattle, and memphis are all very apt at playing that way.
What you don't think teams watch tape of the Suns during the regular season? There have only been a couple times all season a team has really forced the Suns to play half court and one of those days was yesterday, and if you didn't notice we WON!

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Tooeasy said:
Well, I know teams prepare. I meant under the radar with fans and media who think we won't go far, even with the #1 seed. It's all about perception. And we prolly wouldn't be 1 if Duncan doesn't go down.

They can do all the reviewing they want on the style other teams played that are simliar to us. It's different yrs and different teams. We're not the Mavs. We have something inside(as they do now but no Nash) with Amare. We'll push it and dictate the pace no matter how slow they bring it down the court. They may just have to press us on offense for 48 mins to stop us from running. They just may get tired doing that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
azirishmusic said:
I see the Suns having a very good chance of getting through the first round, a solid shot at winning the second round, and an outside chance of winning the third round and getting to the finals.

A lot will depend on their shooting. No one can really beat the Suns if they shoot well, but the Suns do have a better chance of winning when cold than say the 2001-02 Mavs (who got the conference finals).
not that im causing any argument with you, but01-02 was the kings conference title year and they beat dallas 4-1.
the next year dallas would have lost again if not for webbers injury(02-03)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gotta hand it to you guys, I love your team. I had 5th row tickets for the game against Philly and you guys absolutely ted.

Good luck in the playoffs! WIN IT ALL! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Noone expected the suns to be that good, it's just amazing!

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Add me to this bet, no way Suns win the title..especially not when your more than likely to be facing the Mavericks in the Second Round

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Theo! said:
Add me to this bet, no way Suns win the title..especially not when your more than likely to be facing the Mavericks in the Second Round

no way? you say it like we don't have a chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts