Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we should start a petition demanding that sterling do something about our jerseys. i mean there in cursive. that's cool if the clips were a baseball team, and it is unique, but nothing boots morale more than a new uniform...look at denver. even the hawks just got new jersey and a new logo, and it cost the owner 750,000 dollars...do you agree?...vada

·
Registered
67 Posts
MR. VADA said:
we should start a petition demanding that sterling do something about our jerseys. i mean there in cursive. that's cool if the clips were a baseball team, and it is unique, but nothing boots morale more than a new uniform...look at denver. even the hawks just got new jersey and a new logo, and it cost the owner 750,000 dollars...do you agree?...vada
I hear ya, I've always like the logo they had with the sails, not the rest of the jersey, although I don't think many others liked it.

Last year probably would have been the more opportune time to do it, but as they say "there's no time like the present."

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i like the san deigo clippers jerseys too...and another thing we don't have a mascot besides clipper darrel...a clipper is basicaly a pirate ship. why not have a vicious pirate mascot...or a life size clipper darrel...vada

·
eye of the tiger
9,649 Posts
MR. VADA said:
yeah i like the san deigo clippers jerseys too...and another thing we don't have a mascot besides clipper darrel...a clipper is basicaly a pirate ship. why not have a vicious pirate mascot...or a life size clipper darrel...vada

isn't clipper darrel already life-sized???:biggrin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Their summer league Jerseys aren't too shabby either. I like the big C in the middle. The should at least replace those alternate blues, with something a bit more creative like that IMO

·
eye of the tiger
9,649 Posts
TakingitbyStorm said:
Their summer league Jerseys aren't too shabby either. I like the big C in the middle. The should at least replace those alternate blues, with something a bit more creative like that IMO

we need to get rid of the blue anyways...the originals were red and white...go back old school....red primary color, white trim, maybe a small small small dose of blue....no cursive, just block letters...

white primary, red secondary, "los angeles" in block letters for home....

red primary, white secondary, "clippers" in block letters for the road....

old school simplicity is best....none of that cartoony crap...anyone remember the raptors original uni's??? horrible....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bootstrenf said:
we need to get rid of the blue anyways...the originals were red and white...go back old school....red primary color, white trim, maybe a small small small dose of blue....no cursive, just block letters...

white primary, red secondary, "los angeles" in block letters for home....

red primary, white secondary, "clippers" in block letters for the road....

old school simplicity is best....none of that cartoony crap...anyone remember the raptors original uni's??? horrible....
you must be a blood. why you hatin' on the blue so much...and aren't you a little to old for gangbanging...vada

·
Registered
17 Posts
man..i thought i was the only one ...
this logo is frigin fugly..

ive been waiting since 92 for some new style gear...

i think the problem is Mr Sterling..i love the fact he has stepped up with free agents and a new practice facility but if you look at his real estate side and the ads he uses for his apts ..they are str8 80's style ....larry from 3's company called and he wants his look back...

Our home white jersey look yellowish towards the end of the game when there wet..

nothing drastic but just no cursive logo patch...

the only nice clipps jersey ive seen is the Black Clipps jersey reebok made a few years back..

·
eye of the tiger
9,649 Posts
MR. VADA said:
you must be a blood. why you hatin' on the blue so much...and aren't you a little to old for gangbanging...vada

hahahahaha.....

naw man, i don't bang(being 100, it's very difficult for me to "bang" anything).....not sure if you were serious, but that was funny...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RAS1398 said:
man..i thought i was the only one ...
this logo is frigin fugly..

ive been waiting since 92 for some new style gear...

i think the problem is Mr Sterling..i love the fact he has stepped up with free agents and a new practice facility but if you look at his real estate side and the ads he uses for his apts ..they are str8 80's style ....larry from 3's company called and he wants his look back...

Our home white jersey look yellowish towards the end of the game when there wet..

nothing drastic but just no cursive logo patch...

the only nice clipps jersey ive seen is the Black Clipps jersey reebok made a few years back..
you are so right, i have the black elton brand jersey. it would be nice if they used those and i wouldn't mind if they kept the same logo or used block letters. red and white clippers logo with blue trim. but those would be for the road. kinda like when the bulls had black jerseys...vada

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bootstrenf said:
hahahahaha.....

naw man, i don't bang(being 100, it's very difficult for me to "bang" anything).....not sure if you were serious, but that was funny...
i was just playing. i'm from the hood and i hate gangsters...vada

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
DaFranchise said:
No thanks. Keep the jerseys the same. I wouldnt mine a slight alteration but nothing drastic.
I'm with you, leave em alone. There's nothing wrong with the jerseys the way they are. Of all the new uniforms of the past decade or so there's maybe a handful that are actual improvements. Look at the disastrous Rockets uni's of the mid 90's, or the new Hawks uniforms - UGLY! There's something to be said for maintaining your colors and uniforms in professional sports. If the team is good, the jerseys will be popular and the franchise will make money on merch sales, which is what it's really all about anyway, right? The jerseys are fine, I'm more concerned with the players wearing them.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I say we go for the same shimmery metallic look as the Maverick's had for like a week in 2003. We can blind our opponents with disgust!

Ugliest. Uniform. Ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts