Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that DA is one of our good guys but boy he can't shoot worth a crap!! he's sure not shooting the ball like he did in San Antoino, I know that Portland has numerous problems but it sure would be nice to have a sharp shooting off guard.

Also it looks like Dale Davis needs to go,his time with this team is over, in last nights Denver game he showed no energy at all he couldn't even get a shot off. maybe the problems he's had with management and the demotion to 2nd string is just too much for him to deal with, Maybe a change of scenery would be good for him .

Would love to package DA, DD, and Q for some better talent.:D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Gee, some shooters. Yes, yes, hmmmmmm..... yes, I like that idea. Any suggestions?

I do. Let's teach some of our players to pass the ball, set screens, picks... and then rather than a hurried shot as the clock is about to zero, maybe we can get more good looks and as such will have a hihger shooting percentage. But, that.......... would..................be .............................................asking...........................................................................just..................................................................................................too much.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Maybe we'll luck out and land 6'2" Ben Gordon in this years draft. He's one of the best shooters in the country!

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Isn't that what Person was supposed to give you guys?

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I think we already have a good shooter in Person, we just need to give him some playing time. I want to find a way to trade DD, DA, RP and maybe one of our draft picks for two centers. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Person is much like Steve Kerr... can shoot the lights out.

But our team never relized how to utilize Kerr.... I am afraid we are in the same boat with Person

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Dale Davis, 2004 2nd round draft pick for Brent Barry and Jerome James.

Barry is out 4-6 weeks, but we can handle a absence of that time.

Then we draft a C and a SG/SF or SF/PF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts