Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what if the guy is just another Eddie Robinson, this one is bigger, and doesn't get injured all the time. He plays good defense, despite a lack of hustle, better than Noc and Deng for sure, he has a giant wing span. He can score, he can score, he can score. A guy with this much talent should be starting, not not playing at all.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
sloth said:
So what if the guy is just another Eddie Robinson, this one is bigger, and doesn't get injured all the time. He plays good defense, despite a lack of hustle, better than Noc and Deng for sure, he has a giant wing span. He can score, he can score, he can score. A guy with this much talent should be starting, not not playing at all.
how about trading him back to ny for AD.....

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm not sure about starting him, but Thomas should at least be getting some minutes. He is good for at least 10 to 15 points per game and about 5 boards coming off the bench. I don't know what the deal is with him and Skiles, but the guy is one of our highest paid players and we should at least give the guy a look.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I have to agree with the general sentiment that our most talented players aren't playing enough. But that's how we've always done it; players earn their PT by working hard in practice.

However, Skiles does say that Thomas has been working hard in practice. I can't help but wonder if Tim is right about the Bulls wanting to trade him; why else would you talk a player up while not playing him?

In any event. If we want to win games, Sweetney and Tim Thomas need to be getting more minutes. Songaila needs to ease into the season a little bit (it's different matching up against starters compared to mostly matching up against bench guys).

And this might sound crazy, but we should be getting Othella Harrinton and Malik Allen some more minutes also. The fact is, we need bulk inside, more rebounding, and more scoring punch in the frontcourt. We have to give these guys a chance to try and make up for AD's talents.

In my head, we had a system that worked last year, but we had AD, a defensively tough jump shooter, and Curry, a strong post option. Those players gave enough space for the wings to go to work. This year, we do not have AD or Curry. Going to our backcourt players, therefore, is not enough to carry us this time around. Therefore, why not try substituting guys into the system that worked last year? Let Othella replace AD's jump shot, let Sweetney be a mini-Curry, and let Allen replace some of the rebounding.

Don't change the system. Change the parts in the system.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Showtyme said:
I have to agree with the general sentiment that our most talented players aren't playing enough. But that's how we've always done it; players earn their PT by working hard in practice.

However, Skiles does say that Thomas has been working hard in practice. I can't help but wonder if Tim is right about the Bulls wanting to trade him; why else would you talk a player up while not playing him?

In any event. If we want to win games, Sweetney and Tim Thomas need to be getting more minutes. Songaila needs to ease into the season a little bit (it's different matching up against starters compared to mostly matching up against bench guys).

And this might sound crazy, but we should be getting Othella Harrinton and Malik Allen some more minutes also. The fact is, we need bulk inside, more rebounding, and more scoring punch in the frontcourt. We have to give these guys a chance to try and make up for AD's talents.

In my head, we had a system that worked last year, but we had AD, a defensively tough jump shooter, and Curry, a strong post option. Those players gave enough space for the wings to go to work. This year, we do not have AD or Curry. Going to our backcourt players, therefore, is not enough to carry us this time around. Therefore, why not try substituting guys into the system that worked last year? Let Othella replace AD's jump shot, let Sweetney be a mini-Curry, and let Allen replace some of the rebounding.

Don't change the system. Change the parts in the system.

good post.i complety agree with the "work hard in practice and you get PT"way of doing thing,,,in high school and NCAA ball!!!come on you know what TT brings to the table why does he have to prove anything in practice?aslong as he shows up,does what he is asked and atleast gives a good go about practice i dont see any reason he shouldnt be starting or atleast playing 15-25min agame.

now if he didnt show up for practice or just layed around being a smartass then thats something diff but from what i have read SS is being a HIBO.i dont know why its so hard to fig out that points wins games not reb,not blocks,not steals,not even hard work.its the points that come from these things that is so important,and if these things dont get you thos points then what good are they?"sure we got out ***'s handed to us,but we tried our best and played hard"BS you lost because you wont play your best players because of your ego or whatever..

start KH,BG,LD(or TT),MS,TC and play them all for atleast 30-40mpg each for atleast 10 games then come back and talk to me about what we need.because the way i see it now,all of our loses have come because our best players arnt on the floor enuff..

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
bulls said:
good post.i complety agree with the "work hard in practice and you get PT"way of doing thing,,,in high school and NCAA ball!!!come on you know what TT brings to the table why does he have to prove anything in practice?aslong as he shows up,does what he is asked and atleast gives a good go about practice i dont see any reason he shouldnt be starting or atleast playing 15-25min agame.

now if he didnt show up for practice or just layed around being a smartass then thats something diff but from what i have read SS is being a HIBO.i dont know why its so hard to fig out that points wins games not reb,not blocks,not steals,not even hard work.its the points that come from these things that is so important,and if these things dont get you thos points then what good are they?"sure we got out ***'s handed to us,but we tried our best and played hard"BS you lost because you wont play your best players because of your ego or whatever..

start KH,BG,LD(or TT),MS,TC and play them all for atleast 30-40mpg each for atleast 10 games then come back and talk to me about what we need.because the way i see it now,all of our loses have come because our best players arnt on the floor enuff..
He isnt even a star on the league, so why would he get that kind of treatment? In Soccer, for example, Maradona would get away with his poor working habits but he was the best come sunday. Thats not the case with Thomas, not even close. And thats not the kind of example you want on a young team. What kind of message would that be for Deng or Nocioni that work their tail off each day? Moreover, we are talking about a guy that resembles to E-Rob and has arrived to this club yesterday (typo). I mean, you have to impress your new coach instead of being an *******. Look no further than Sweetney, who was angry when he first got to the Bulls and worked as hard as anyone and started getting important minutes from the bench and now he is a valuable starter. Thats the way to work your way up.

Thomas always seemed to mess with team chemistry or having some kind of feuds with his coach. He is a guy that never averaged more than 32 minutes per game. Its not like everyone is surprised about his present. All this start Tim Thomas stuff is a result of Nocioni and Deng not producing as expected, if not we wouldnt even notice that Thomas is part of our roster.

This being said, I wouldnt be against starting Deng and giving him the same chance Nocioni has had at making mistakes. Its like Nocioni gets away with some silly stuff (mistakes) and when Deng gets in an commits a turnover, he is yanked. Sometimes that would happen to Gordon as well.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
bulls said:
Its because you don't play on the Bulls unless you do things "the right way."

·
Registered
10 Posts
sloth said:
He can't score, he can't play defense... he's really good at being a lazy worthless bum, but that's about it. Seriously... we need to package him and one of our million guards and make some moves.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I still cant believe the Bulls wanted him... his contract is wayyyyyyy too high and he dosent produce anywhere near the money hes making

they should have kept Curry because they're playing Chandler at C and thats not working out AT ALL

·
Registered
10 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:
I still cant believe the Bulls wanted him... his contract is wayyyyyyy too high and he dosent produce anywhere near the money hes making

they should have kept Curry because they're playing Chandler at C and thats not working out AT ALL
I'd rather have Sweetney than Curry, he'll end up with better numbers and he'll cost way less. As for Bumas, yea, he's getting paid 13 million a year to do nothing really.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
TT has Jib problems.........Which means Bulls won't play him and instead give time to great Jib, inconsistent guys like Crapius Suckgonlia and Andres Playouttacontrolia.

I don't TT all that much, but he is more talented than Noc and Songalia. Give him some burn so you can package if you so choose. Not playing him is rediculous. E-rob had zero talent and zero jib. TT has zero Jib, but good to better than average talent.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hope TT stays on the bench where he belongs. I'm sure if he quite pouting so much like a 13 year old, he'd get more playing time. Let him rot there even if the Bulls drop 18 games in a row. I'd rather have Linton Johnson on the team.

·
Registered
68 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:

Wow sik, your insight is amazing. It's right out of the Dialogues of Plato. I say Jerry fires Pax and hires this guy as GM. It's obvious his understanding of negotiation and talent-dealing is far beyond anything anyone has ever experienced. Please sik, tell us more. How would YOU fix the Bulls?

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Action_Blackson 187 said:
He can't score, he can't play defense... he's really good at being a lazy worthless bum, but that's about it. Seriously... we need to package him and one of our million guards and make some moves.
Have you ever seen Thomas play before? He is a very good offensive player, and good enough on defense too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts