Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 2 weeks I've seen about 6 or 7 different ideas that were discussed on the boards only to appear in either the insider or a local paper the next day. And it's not like Lewis to Chicago either. It's always the randomest stuff. Twice in the last two weeks I've had two topics I started on another site turn into paragraphs (almost verbatim) in articles. I swear its starting to get to me. They can't all just be coincidence. I know others have mentioned it. But I swear some writers must be lazy enough to scan the boards for ideas...

The latest example:

"One name that stands out is Juwan Howard. He should have plenty of money in the bank after finishing out his $105 million deal in Denver this season.

It's easy to imagine Howard accepting the $4.5 million exception next summer from the Bulls, considering he could return to his hometown, join an up-and-coming team and reunite with Rose, his close friend and former Michigan teammate."

From the daily Herald today... Yes it could be another strange coincidence... but it is getting more and more unlikely. Either that or we just really know what the hell we're talking about and the writers are just a little slow. :) But if they looking around the boards and maybe reading my post right now. WHERES MY CHECK *******?!?!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been paid before, but honestly I just found it increasingly unlikely that they've all been coincidences. I'm not really upset if thats what you thought. I was j/k around. Although I wouldn't turn down a check. :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by ABull

From the daily Herald today... Yes it could be another strange coincidence... but it is getting more and more unlikely. Either that or we just really know what the hell we're talking about and the writers are just a little slow. :)
ABull,

I only discovered these boards about a year ago, so I don't consider myself a core "Bulls boarder." I'm constantly impressed with the knowledge of many of the posters...not just on the Bulls, but the rest of the NBA, the NCAA, European leagues, etc.

Net, I'm not surprised that posters are often "ahead of the curve."

·
Registered
593 Posts
that's true, it could just be that the critical mass of all our minds on this board working together can actually out-think that of a stooge staff reporter who's doing the interviews and all that stuff, but not really able to share his ideas for professional reasons. actually if that were the case, it would make perfect sense to come on the boards and try to figure something out. if i were in their position i'd do it. it's an anonymous means of testing out theories and ideas without risking your reputation.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wouldn't you still be risking your reputation if you sited your source of information as an internet forum. Obviously they wouldn't do this if the story work ed out in there favor, but if the story flopped and they said this then they would look twice as stupid for the bad idea. Just my opinion though.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
so... then let's bait them all!!! It's not like we have that many Chad Ford or Sam Smith fans up in here anyway...

Let's start new threads called,

"Trade Talks for Tyson Chandler for Chicago Native Michael Finley"

and

"Dalibor Bagaric violently explodes at Pete Meyers, swings taken"

and even

"Rumors of retiring Corey Benjamin's number".

and other such NONSENSE.

Then Sam Smith will say to himself, "I am a smart man. I shall use these juicy ideas to fuel my respectable reputation. Whoever invented this cut-and-paste thingy is a genius."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(everyone knows I'm TOTALLY kidding right? it's like 1:15 am here in Korea... i'm feeling a little absurd)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the one about vomit-bags, I think it is the most believable, just sounds like the type of thing he would do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by Showtyme (everyone knows I'm TOTALLY kidding right? it's like 1:15 am here in Korea... i'm feeling a little absurd)
Showtyme, you haven't bumped into our super foreign scout Ivan whatever by chance have you? You know, they guy who got us Dali? If so, please moderate any further input from that guy! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts