Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, HERE'S the link.

On ESPN there is this thing called the "Fan Satisfaction Ratings". There is really no reason to bring this up, except for the fact that the San Antonio Spurs are first on the list....in ALL sports.

(Of course "all sports" means the major ones:NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL)

I've tried to read into this for it to make sense, but I really still don't understand it. Anyway, we're number one on a list!:D

And it's actually good to be #1 on this list, I guess.;)

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
The purpose of the list is to show which sporting franchise is the best regarding the various facilities that affect the fans of the franchise. #1 would mean that fans of Spurs think that the Spurs organisation is doing a good job on and off the court.

Anyway, it's cool to see your team on the very top. Doesn't hurt to be 1st even if you don't understand what for. :D

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyway, it's cool to see your team on the very top. Doesn't hurt to be 1st even if you don't understand what for.
True that.;)

I basically understand it all now, I just got excited seeing the Spurs up at the top.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Kings_Announce_Results_of_JD_Powers.html

The Kings have that tho ;)

The Sacramento Kings today announced the results of the J.D. Power and Associates “Voice of the Fan” survey, which was conducted during the months of February through April of this year. Twenty-two NBA teams participated in the research, which measures fan satisfaction levels in areas from game attendance to community service for each of the teams.

The Kings ranked #1 in the NBA in Overall Fan Experience for the second consecutive time and, according to the survey, “Ratings in most of the areas of the in-arena experience, including overall measure of satisfaction and intent to return and recommend are #1 in the NBA.” The team ranked #1 in 16 overall topic categories.

“We are thrilled with the results of the J.D. Power and Associates survey,” said Joe Maloof co-owner of the Sacramento Kings, Monarchs (WNBA) and ARCO Arena. “My brother Gavin and I are committed to providing Sacramento fans with the best organization in basketball, both on and off the court. We are very proud of this survey and are thankful to the fans and community of Sacramento who voiced their support of us.”

Some of the #1 rankings in the survey include:

Overall Fan Experience
Overall Experience with Game Day Staff
Overall Reputation of the Team
Ticket Purchase Experience
Arriving and Parking Experience
Team Cares About the Fans
Likelihood to Recommend to Others
Games Provide Exciting Entertainment
Games Provide Fun Atmosphere
Team has a Positive Impact on the Community
Team is a Charitable Organization
Team’s Players Set Good Example for Kids
Players are Visible and Active in the Community
Team Management is Committed to Winning
Games Provide a Safe, Family-Friendly Environment
The Increase of International Players has Greatly Improved the Overall Quality of the NBA Game

This survey focused on fans attending NBA games during the 2002-03 season. More than 1,000 comprehensive six-page surveys were distributed at each of three Sacramento Kings home games, resulting in a total distribution of 3,000 questionnaires. J.D. Power and Associates is the leading customer satisfaction research company in the world.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I realize this is a survey of fan appreciation, but how do the Spurs rank higher than the Lakers in the Championships category? How the heck are the Kings ranked so low compared to the Spurs in the coach/managers section and the players section? Plus, they factored in price of tickets twice in the bang for the buck and the affordability sections which double penalizes large market teams who can get bigger ticket prices. The Spurs still may have come out on top, but I dont think it's anything to get excited about, all it is is a survey of fans about their own team and of course its going to benefit the winning-est small market team.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I think it's something to be proud. This shows that the Spurs fans are trully satisfacted with their team.

The Spurs finished fourth in that category, which was based on victories per revenues from fans. In the other seven categories, the Spurs were listed first in fan relations, second in ownership, fourth in affordability, seventh in stadium experience, first in player likability/effort, 18th in coaching, and second in championships.

The Spurs were the only franchise to finish in the top 20 of all eight categories.

The Dallas Mavericks, another NBA team from Texas, were the second-best franchise according to the survey, followed by the NFL's Green Bay Packers.

The highest rated baseball team was the Anaheim Angels (sixth overall) and the top hockey franchise was the Edmonton Oilers (eighth overall). The worst franchise was the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks, edging out the NFL's Arizona Cardinals.
[Link]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JGKoblenz</b>!
I think it's something to be proud. This shows that the Spurs fans are trully satisfacted with their team.

[Link]
Thats fine, but do you really think Spurs fans are more satisfied with their team that the Kings fans are satisfied with the Kings? That is what this survey is trying to say and, because of the questionable things i mentioned, I think the results and the means to get to the results are a little suspect.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats fine, but do you really think Spurs fans are more satisfied with their team that the Kings fans are satisfied with the Kings? That is what this survey is trying to say and, because of the questionable things i mentioned, I think the results and the means to get to the results are a little suspect.
Why wouldn't we be more satisfied with the Spurs than Kings fans are satisfied with their team? Do I have to point out the obvious answer to that question? Just think about the last years, and the answer will appear before you.

I realize this is a survey of fan appreciation, but how do the Spurs rank higher than the Lakers in the Championships category? How the heck are the Kings ranked so low compared to the Spurs in the coach/managers section and the players section? Plus, they factored in price of tickets twice in the bang for the buck and the affordability sections which double penalizes large market teams who can get bigger ticket prices. The Spurs still may have come out on top, but I dont think it's anything to get excited about, all it is is a survey of fans about their own team and of course its going to benefit the winning-est small market team.

It's always nice to have a negative point of view on a topic that's meaningless...

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Lol, i just find it weird that the Kings ranked #1 in ALL THOSE CATEGORIES, then dropped to #14... and that JD POWER ratings thing, was taken this year...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

Why wouldn't we be more satisfied with the Spurs than Kings fans are satisfied with their team? Do I have to point out the obvious answer to that question? Just think about the last years, and the answer will appear before you.
Well, I guess the survey was done in a year the Spurs won the championship.

It's always nice to have a negative point of view on a topic that's meaningless...
Glad I could provide it for you, besides, I'd thought I'd try to get the post count up in this forum. The three I've added to this thread doubles the total from the last few days combined.:grinning:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts