Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brandon Roy:

Does anyone else watch Roy play and see a perfect Ricky Davis or Manu Ginobili NBA comparison? Roy has a great feel for the game on the offensive end, especially when using hesitation moves to get a good first step and quickly move by his defender en route to the basket. He is a good finisher and considering that he is left-handed, I'm surprised with his ability to go both directions and finish with both hands. Also, Roy has a very nice mid-range game with a prototypical jump shot, though he does hesitate with perimeter shots. From what I can tell, Roy is also a very instinctive player, recognizing collapses in the defense. In the UCONN game, he numerously dribble-penetrated and dished off with quick, decisive, no-look passes to open teammates. From his play-making abilities, he can act as a combo guard when necessary and he would be very good on a fast-break team (because of his passing alertness and ballhandling ability). His offensive game is beautiful. He is not a particularly good perimeter defender and not that athletic, but I can see Brandan Roy having a long NBA career as a starting shooting guard who would be a very nice third or fourth option on any team. He should be drafted in the top eight, for sure. I think the Boston Celtics would be a perfect team to draft him (though, I am biased) with the assumed departure of Paul Pierce within the next season.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Uhh, so we're adding another G/F?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Homemade, too.;) I can't stand Redick, and although it is a shame his career ended that way, I took kind of a perverse pleasure in seeing him crash and burn, chucking his team to defeat.

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
greekbullsfan said:
how about guys we draft williams and send him to u alond with duhon,sweetney and nocioni for
PP and Lafrenz?

why dont we just give pierce to u for a chicago style pizza

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
why dont we just give pierce to u for a chicago style pizza
I'd much rather a New York style pizza :clap:

I was watching Brandon Roy last night in the LSU game and I was pretty impressed with his skill set and court vision, but I'm not sure he has an NBA body. And God knows we don't need another youth project.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Gotham2krazy said:
I think Brandon Roy is being eyed by a lot of teams right now. His draft stock has got to be high.
Lottery maybe? Personally, I don't think that the C's should draft him. Really what we should do is throw in this year's 1st round draft pick into the KG deal. It's not like we need another young guy.

·
Where he belongs...
3,813 Posts
TAllen42 said:
Lottery maybe? Personally, I don't think that the C's should draft him. Really what we should do is throw in this year's 1st round draft pick into the KG deal. It's not like we need another young guy.

ditto...even if not for a KG...im tired of draft picks...package one or 2 with someone to get paul some help...we'll still have a handfull of youngsters even if we part with one or 2...please danny please

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
lempbizkit said:
Roy's gonna be a better NBA player than Rudy Gay. That guy has bust written all over him.
Want to bet on it. Just remember people also questioned Villaneuva's 'intensity' and look how good he turned out.

Roy seems like a pretty smart pick, he does need to add some strenght to that frame of his though

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I can tell, Roy seems like one of the 'safest' players in the draft. With Ainge not likely to take a point guard and with no good power forwards or centers at our selection (#8-#11), Roy seems like the best player available if someone like Tiago Splitter doesn't slide due to his buyout.

About his size/stature, it's not like Roy has a particularly lanky frame at 6'5". The only thing he needs to improve is his strength in order to withstand the abuse of taking it to the hoop.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Want to bet on it. Just remember people also questioned Villaneuva's 'intensity' and look how good he turned out.

Roy seems like a pretty smart pick, he does need to add some strenght to that frame of his though
There are two ways Rudy's career can go IMO. He has all the talent in the world so it's up to him

He could be the next Tim Thomas or the next big thing.

·
Premium Member
26,981 Posts
TAllen42 said:

There won't be a Garnett deal for Boston without Borston sending Pierce to Minnesota, which kind of defeats the purpose. The ship sailed on that trade when Boston took Szczerbiak off Minnesota's hands. If Randy Foye's still on the board when Boston drafts, he'll be the one. If Chicago is drafting second and selects Morrison, God help us all because it means Pierce is being shipped out of town (and then we'll really need someone like Foye). Shelden Williams is also an option (if only to light a fire under Jefferson).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.