Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Andrew Bynum experiment may be nearing its end in Cleveland, as the Cavaliers announced on Saturday that they have suspended the former All-Star big man indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

The official release in its entirety, from the team website:

“Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today. Bynum did not travel with the team to Boston last night for the team’s game this afternoon at 1:00 p.m. vs. the Celtics and has been excused from all team activities indefinitely. His status will be updated as appropriate.”

There are no other details at this time, but as is usually the case in these situations, we’ll find out exactly what went down soon enough.
It’s worth noting that if Bynum and the team don’t resolve their differences, it’s more than likely he’ll be unemployed sometime in the next seven days. That’s because Bynum’s contract, a two-year deal worth close to $25 million, is only guaranteed for $6 million through Jan.5. If he’s waived before then, the Cavaliers aren’t required to pay him the remainder of his deal.

Because that is a cap-friendly deal, the Cavaliers will try to trade the deal before cutting him outright, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN. They might get a second round pick for him, nothing more.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....or-conduct-detrimental-to-the-team/?cid=yahoo

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Are the two of you mentally retarded? I'd honestly like to know before I tell you what I really think about how stupid your comments are.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
He doesn't want to play ball anymore, and his attitude always sucked...so I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Lakers would be extremely dumb for going after Bynum at this point.... The Heat on the other hand, they're great with experiments ;)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
The present coach detests post players and misuses the ones he already has. Why would you acquire another big man he will not use ?

The first requirement of an NBA player is to be able to run from one end to the other. Bynum can barely do that. Can you imagine him trying to guard Aldridge or Cousins dribbling around him all night long ?? He is yesterday's news.

You want to live in the past ? Bring back Luke and Sasha too !! We can't win anyways

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was laying the sarcasm on thick R-Star. sorry to offend you oh omnipotent one

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about. I want Bynum back and I think together with nick young and Steve Blake I seriously think it will make us better than the pacers.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
We're already better than the Pacers.

Why?

Because **** you. That's why...
I have to agree. You'd have to be a ****ing idiot to think the pacers are better. ****ing morons piss me off.

·
Premium Member
10,706 Posts
why pay a pick? we will get bynum for free ~_~

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Laker fans don't have much of a sense of humor these days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts