Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As suggested today in Inside Hoops.com.

* Webber to Chicago for Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry and Eddie Robinson. Why the Kings might do it: Crawford has established that he's a legitimate NBA scorer and can play either guard spot. Odds are that one of the two "baby Bull" big men (both Chandler and Curry are 21) will ultimately develop into a force in the league. Robinson could be a decent backup to Stojakovic. Why the Bulls might do it: This was supposed to be Chicago's year to emerge as a legitimate playoff team. For whatever reason, it hasn't happened. The Bulls are tired of looking ahead to the future. Webber's no Michael Jordan, but he'd take the Windy City by storm. Bottom Line: Risky? You bet. The Kings would be betting the come on this one. Both Curry and Chandler have shown promise but not consistency. Although most observers think they're going to be outstanding players, it's not a lock. But if Chandler and Curry, in particular, ever get serious, it could be a home run.

insidehoops.com

I don't know if I'd give up the ENTIRE C-UNIT, but Curry, Craw, E-Robb and Blount I'd do in a heartbeart.

Chris Webber has been injury prone lately, but Tyson has questionable health-longevity issues and Curry is the Tin Man. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
thats giving up your entire future for an injury plagued player...:sour:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
here's the problem:

Trading a superstar - and Webber is one of the league's top 10 players when healthy
when healthy.

and all the 3 C's - too much!

I don't know if I'd give up the ENTIRE C-UNIT, but Curry, Craw, E-Robb and Blount I'd do in a heartbeart.
I'd consider that if Gerald Wallace and pick included(last 1st rounder),but then again , i'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Thats the worst trade scenario I've ever heard. Whoever wrote that crappy piece should be beaten with reeds.:laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's quite possibly the dumbest trade idea I've ever heard.

We'd be giving up more than last years "Garnett Trade (ha!)" and be getting less in return.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course the entire C Unit is too much. And that is a stupid trade idea (I didn't come up with it), but what about 2 of the 3 C-Unit?
Crawford and Curry
or
Crawford and Chandler?

Crawford's gone most likely anyway, so Pax would really be giving up only one guy that he may(or may not) want as part of this team's future.

I'd rather have T-Mac instead of Webber, but I don't think Craw and Curry's value would make that a possibilty.

·
Registered
364 Posts
a kings fan must have come up with this trade. webber is on the downside of his career and is injury prone.i don't think i would do webber for any of are young players it's to risky.

·
Registered
942 Posts
All the trades in the article are awful...the author of that article overstates C-webbs value.

eg. Q-Rich, Brand, Kaman for Webber...is he serious, the Clips get raped.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
But if Chandler and Curry, in particular, ever get serious, it could be a home run.

Exactly. That's the reason why Chicago wouldn't do this deal, because I'm sure they're very aware of what Chandler and Curry could do if they ever got "serious," which is much better than what Webber could do at this point in his career.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts