Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Webber left in the third quarter of Wednesday's loss to the Suns with an apparent sprained left shoulder. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Webber tweaked his ailing left knee in the first half and was advised to sit out the second. Instead, he tried to play and wound up injuring his shoulder in a collision with the Suns' Jake Voskuhl. Webber said he thought his shoulder "popped out," reported the Inquirer.
Source = yahoo sports

We're getting a little bit of help here from the 76ers. We're only 1.5 games out of the 8th seed. I think the question for the Nets has become not will we make the playoffs but when will we make the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I wish I could be as confident as you guys.

With our luck, Orlando will take that last spot instead of us.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
furnace said:

I'm like a feather in the wind regarding the Nets and the playoffs. We lose 2 games, I lose hope. We win the next two games, I feel like we're going to make the playoffs and starting to come up with strategies to beat Shaq.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Webber has had shoulder problems in the past. If I recollect it was a seperated shoulder when he was younger. So these things may linger with a precise blow.

·
Registered
839 Posts
furnace said:

i wouldn´t bet on that yet:

they play Washington, at NJ, at Dallas, Chicago, Detriot, Cleveland, at Detriot, at Chicago, at Milwaukee, Indiana, and Miami.

the bucks are probably their only easy game and even that is a road game. Odds are the Magic wont make the playoffs. that´s a tough schedule.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
:banana: Like Webber, but anything that's a curse for the Sixers is a blessing for the Nets at this point, so I'll take it. Orlando will have a tough time with that schedule, I say it's time for the Nets to rise.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHAHA everything has been dark since webber went to philly. he struggled for most of the time he was there, then has a few good games/stat-wise, has arguements with the coach and now hurts himself. can anything else look dimmer for the sixers org? they traded for a guy who we all know isnt the same as he used to be but is still pretty dam good yet they havent had the results they were hoping for. from supposed to be winning the atlantic to now possibly missing the playoffs completely...I LOVE IT!!! the way its going now, this webber trade may never pan out unless chris stays fully healthy,which we know wont happen for an entire season. if we play every game how we did against LAC (yes their defense is horrible) we can have the 8th spot by next week.

*btw, kidd/rj/carter/nets are better than webber/iverson/sixers not to mention the additions we can make in the offseason.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This kind of news are unfortunate.
This may or may not work in favor of the Nets though.
But I rather not rely on what's happening to the other teams right. What the Nets should do is concentrate on winning the next game.
They have to play all the regular season games, before checking where they stand in the conference. If they made it, good. If not, they should be proud for playing the best of their abilities.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Jake Voskhul is built like granite! :laugh:

I saw the game and the hit didn't look like much. Between that and the knee "tweak" I doubt he plays the next 2. Which might be bad for us since he hasn't been playing well. I rather have him in there messing everything up.

With or without him I doubt Philly beats Dallas or Boston this weekend. With a win against NY and Orlando we could be holding the 8th seed by Sunday afternoon.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Netted- said:
Which might be bad for us since he hasn't been playing well. I rather have him in there messing everything up.
That's what I'm thinking when I said either it will help us or not. Because I always like playing against a player who's not 100 percent, rather than someone who is a wild card as you won't be prepared to play that person.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Just saw on the ESPN bottom line that Chris Webber is out 7-10 days.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Fruitcake said:
lets hope phoenix kills philly and webber gets injured
I called it :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
7 days 3 games, should be 1-2 but Charlotte has been hot, Wednesday's game. 10 days toss in the Washington game on the 9th. That's a total possible of 4. I can see them going 0-4.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
7 days 3 games, should be 1-2 but Charlotte has been hot, Wednesday's game. 10 days toss in the Washington game on the 9th. That's a total possible of 4. I can see them going 0-4.
...well 3-7 over the last 7...for the Bobcats is hot. Plus they played well against us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts