Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this for real or is it one of the non injuries they've made up as an excuse to deactivate him? Back spasms are ruining Tracy McGrady's career, they turned Derek Anderson into a ***** and they cut Mark McGwire's career a couple years short. That's scary.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Hum interesting thought...I'll ask around about this tomorrow from the few folks I still know in team operations and from the practice facility.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Fork said:
Is this for real or is it one of the non injuries they've made up as an excuse to deactivate him? Back spasms are ruining Tracy McGrady's career, they turned Derek Anderson into a ***** and they cut Mark McGwire's career a couple years short. That's scary.

Settle down, spasms isn't the problem with any of the players you mentioned. Back "problems" are. Heck, for all we know the kid could have slept wrong.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
yeah i dont think its a real problem

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I think it's one of those catch all terms that can mean anything from soreness to serious injury.
Actually I think McGwire's foot, more than his back (and perhaps some pharmaceuticals) cut short his career. As for DA, he's suffered every known ailment except childbirth.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Talkhard said:
Maybe, but then again I can't remember ever having back spasms when I was 19.
I do.

I also remember having back spasms at 18.

But then again, I had a dunlap's disease.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
crandc said:
As for DA, he's suffered every known ailment except childbirth.
Ya, but he did have morning sickness.

Btw, have you been able to view that DVD?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mediocre man said:
Settle down, spasms isn't the problem with any of the players you mentioned. Back "problems" are. Heck, for all we know the kid could have slept wrong.
Actually, I'm right. 'Back spasms' has been the listed injury for all three of the players I mentioned. Whether or not those 'back spasms' are something else...well, I would have no clue. Then again, I have no clue if Webster's 'back spasms' are something else too.

Yeah, it's probably nothing...but it's not a positive sign.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think management saw Houstan as the only team we had a chance to beat.
They brought Theo in and asked Lenard to give it his all to try and get a W.
Webster probably had some tightness in his back and they just kept him out because he probably would help much.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Redbeard said:
I think management saw Houstan as the only team we had a chance to beat.
They brought Theo in and asked Lenard to give it his all to try and get a W.
Webster probably had some tightness in his back and they just kept him out because he probably would help much.
Asked around a bit this AM about this and this is pretty much the story I got from a few friends at the RG and at the practice facility. Webster's back was a bit sore so they decided to sit him and give Lenard a shot. I guess there is some talk of resigning Lenard next year if we can get him for cheap.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
No, thats horrible news...

If we ever plan on winning anything in the near future we aren't going to do it with an overweight/undersized cow of a shooting guard...Unless of course were resigning him to be a 3rd stringer...

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
sounds like the youngins' have a good amount of respect for lenard which is good imo and he does have a nice stroke and looks like he has lost weight

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
zagsfan20 said:

If we ever plan on winning anything in the near future we aren't going to do it with an overweight/undersized cow of a shooting guard...Unless of course were resigning him to be a 3rd stringer...
I said they are considering resigning him for cheap...so that is probably about equal to 3rd string $$.

Funny you mention winning....didn't we just win last night while giving Voshon a decent amount of minutes?

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
sa1177 said:
I said they are considering resigning him for cheap...so that is probably about equal to 3rd string $$.

Funny you mention winning....didn't we just win last night while giving Voshon a decent amount of minutes?
I'm talking about the future...

One 14 point game isn't enough to say that we need to resign him, especially when his best years are 3 years removed...

Webster is the SG of the future and I don't want anyone to hinder his development, but heck if we did resign Lenard for cheap and he accepted his role as a 3rd stringer without any guff I'd be okay with it...

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
No... that's good news.

McMillan has made it clear that this team lacks a veteran presence in the locker room, and just having Lenard to show Webster around would be a positive thing for this club.

Lenard, if you didn't know, climbed his way into the league through the CBA. He's a consumate professional, and although his best years are way behind him, he's another physical manifestation of what McMillan is preaching about.

Clearly, a Lenard signing wouldn't be hindering the development of a 19-year old who won't be ready to carry a team for another two years anyway.

You're really dense.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.