Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Well the offensive rhythm has improved this half anyway. We just can't shoot the ball, and the defense has been disgusting. Same script as all the road games. Next Saturday is another low hanging fruit for a road win. Dont get that, and they really might not win a road game this year.

Edit: the defense ***and the rebounding have been disgusting

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What an abortion of a final play. No one could get open and Luc taking that shot is not ideal. And Barry got fouled on the putback, but you know how those whistles get swallowed with 2s to go.
Wish they would have shown the replay of the foul that got Ish to the line. Looked like a play on the ball to me.

· Registered
66 Posts
There might have been a little contact, but it's still BS to call the whistle in that situation. The contact was ultimately inconsequential to the play- no turnover, and Rhody had the defender behind them. Flowers does have to be smarter, though.

Also, re: final possession. Yann was wide open cutting through the lane without about 10 seconds left. Problem is neither he or Luc had any idea. Too locked running that atrocious play. I certainly hope film is reviewed to find a mutual understanding that, even if not in the playbook, a wide open lane to the basket should be taken.

· Registered
125 Posts
I see the counter of “weak pass, go get it” but remember- that wasn’t a VCU tipped 50/50 ball that they preyed on for years. Three things happen there- you miss it and your guy is now open, you tip it and maybe get the steal but it probably goes out, or exactly what happened to Moses.

· Registered
125 Posts
I don't think Luc has great court vision. If he did he wouldn't take so many iso shots.
Yes. A true sophomore in which the most important part of his offseason was spent getting courted by grown-ass men asking/begging/paying him to come to their schools.
Venning, Hill, and Luc—sophomores but not really. They didn’t have the proper offseason that kids need to take that leap. They have yet to see the RC basement and Fiske’s towel-wrapped 2x4s. Expect the leap next year if everyone stays.

· Registered
125 Posts
More info before Unfurled/BR get it out:
After watching these last six games, Bona fans need to ask themselves “who is the best basketball player on the team?” The answer is Flowers. Guess who wasn’t out there (on the road, mind you) for your chance to win? Flowers! Your best players HAVE to be out there in those situations. In a way, his going for a steal hurt us twice. He’ll figure it out.

· Registered
66 Posts
To my earlier post & Bill's earlier thoughts about Luc going off ball. I'd like to see it too, but it's a conundrum. Our best option at the point is both not a natural point, and decidedly still our best option at the point. If Luc plays off ball, who runs point for extensive periods of time? I'm not sure I see Rumpel as ready to provide anything more than bursts yet.

This is where I'm just a fan on a message board, and the staff are professionals in X's & O's and player development. I don't know what the exact answer is on him being able to evolve into a natural point and/or our offensive approach developing to suit combo guard play. Need to put my faith in those who know a lot more than me figuring it out.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Classy stuff.

Oh and Mason ran the drag on their inbounds play that worked for Will Wade at GW. They ran it perfectly but the ref ignored the contact. It is a last ditch kind of thing so the trick can only work but so often.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts