1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Piker
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would too if I were retired like Bona84. Instead I have a meeting with my boss
Fortunately, my afternoon is clear so I can strategically position my computer to line up with the tv. Virtual school is done at 2:15, so the kids' afternoon lesson will hopefully involve how to trap in the half-court and the lost art of the midrange jumper.

·
Piker
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VCU's young guys hit a wall in the 2nd half of the JMU game that they have not been able to climb over. I will take the win and 10-3 record but there are issues. Too sloppy and Rhoades needs to tighten up his player combos. Jamir Watkins and Hason Ward should be getting much more time in favor of Douglas and Curry. Also, going with two bigs is not good because neither of them can stretch the floor or guard the perimeter. Rhoades won't listen to me though so it is what it is.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Bona locked it down on defense and controlled the boards in the second half. Pretty paltry offensive effort—particularly from Osun and Dom. If we get our key guys going, then we can be pretty damn tough.

·
Registered
989 Posts
VCU's young guys hit a wall in the 2nd half of the JMU game that they have not been able to climb over. I will take the win and 10-3 record but there are issues. Too sloppy and Rhoades needs to tighten up his player combos. Jamir Watkins and Hason Ward should be getting much more time in favor of Douglas and Curry. Also, going with two bigs is not good because neither of them can stretch the floor or guard the perimeter. Rhoades won't listen to me though so it is what it is.
Yep, something has seemed off since the last 10 minutes of that game. I’ll take that we’re 3-1 from that point, but the sloppiness and out of control play is going to catch up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts