Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am unable to make the trip to Rochester for the game but I do promise to run up to my TV to point and laugh at appropriate times.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
What happened?
Categorically false assertion regarding the snubbing by Bill Russell.Not only did they shake hands during the post-game handshake line, but they then got together shortly after and shared a few laughs. The initial handshake was not the friendliest, but I would hardly call it a snubbing. I just watched it on the replay on ESPN+.

As for the clock operator (if that's the person in the referee shirt at the scorer's table), there appeared to be a substitution that was deemed late, so I can only assume that Neubauer was blaming it on the person at the table, rather than on his own guys checking in too late.

·
Piker
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are any of the Bona fans that post here coming to the game on Saturday?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Categorically false?!? How dare thee?!?

I mentioned that because the initial handshake was snubb-ish and the Dukes’ commentators even mentioned how chilly it seemed.
Fair. The "categorically false" was just busting chops, and I know you can take small time stuff like that. One of the announcers did say it was like Sanders/Warren at the debate which was quite funny.

That said, the initial handshake got interrupted b/c someone with a lanyard/credential started saying something to Neubauer from behind the table. Reading lips, he told Neubauer to walk away.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
There are remnants in spots, but certainly not surrounded. Don't worry, though, if you're coming down. Just bring some salt pork, hardtack and Yankee coffee and the defenders will let you through. They haven't eaten well in quite some time.

·
Piker
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is RVA still surrounded by Confederate defensive trenches?
Not sure but the other day I went to the doctor complaining of a sore foot. He prescribed opium and he tried to cut it off with a rusty saw. I am concerned about contracting malaria or rickets so I have been hydrating.

·
Piker
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are remnants in spots, but certainly not surrounded. Don't worry, though, if you're coming down. Just bring some salt pork, hardtack and Yankee coffee and the defenders will let you through. They haven't eaten well in quite some time.
Believe it or not I am an Eagle scout. I helped a friend on his project back in the day. He chose to beautify the Turner Ashby monument near our neighborhood. I still have some musket balls I found around the confederate fortification behind the monument.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts