Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Duquesne has played really well this season. Granted, mostly at home but still one of the better teams they've had in a while. They should be 14-4 and 4-1 in A10 play. They have some nice wins over Colgate, UCSB, DePaul, Ball State, Indiana State and VCU.

Yes, Bona has played well at home this year, but against some bad teams (CSU and MTSU were solid wins). I am not sure SBU has the offense to keep up with the Dukes, but the Richmond performance was encouraging.

Having students back on campus for the first game since Cleveland State on December 7 should give the team a much needed boost.

· Registered
2,189 Posts
Mason and Richmond are decent home wins (131 and 127 if you go by NET). I dont think the Bonnies should be home dogs. It will be a match of contrasting styles. Duq hits 38% from 3 and the Bonnies give up 28%. Duq scores 76ppg and Bonnies give up 66.

· Piker
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mason and Richmond are decent home wins (131 and 127 if you go by NET). I dont think the Bonnies should be home dogs
NET is an acronym for Not Entirely True.

When I watch Duquesne I feel like they are a team that plays like junkyard dogs this year and on offense they are wild. They never stray from that mentality. If they are not getting to the rim they tend to take lots of 3s. It has hurt them when they lost the big lead to UR. VCU made somewhat of a comeback too when they strayed from what got them the big lead. I do not think that they will change that mindset or game plan. You gotta go into a game with them thinking that you need to punch them in the mouth or they will bully you. VCU went in soft and they got KOed.

Reactions: PYBonnie05

· Registered
583 Posts
The Billikens and Ramblers first played during the 1921-1922 season. They were in the Midwestern Collegiate Conference together during its history. The Ramblers actually lead the all time series 24-22. Tonight is the first step in the Billikens taking over that series lead (hopefully).

· Piker
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone else find it annoying that ESPN lists the conference records for some matchups and the H/A records for others? At this point in the season, isn't conference record more important?
I just went back to their site and they actually adjusted it to conference record. Weird.

Reactions: PYBonnie05

· Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,564 Posts
Can we ever see Farrel and Hill together? That last lineup we had out there for 5 mins can rebound and board but man is it choppy offensively.
Yep. I’m begging for that, but maybe he doesn’t know any assignments beyond one position. I’d love to see Farell, Evans, and Hill moving their feet and disrupting passing lanes in a matchup zone.

· Registered
59 Posts
Yep. I’m begging for that, but maybe he doesn’t know any assignments beyond one position. I’d love to see Farell, Evans, and Hill moving their feet and disrupting passing lanes in a matchup zone.
And what’s curious is he was touted as being able to play 2-4. 4 seems like his least natural position.

I think I’ve had dentist appointments that were more comfortable than that second half offensive effort. Why we continued to feed Venning when it wasn’t working, and why he didn’t get yanked for turning into a black hole, are two of the greatest mysteries of this young 2023 to me.

A win is a win though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts