Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Piker
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks as always A.A.

Looks like I will be rooting for the Hawks, Minutemen, Ramblers, Rams of Richmond, Rams of the Bronx, and Flyers. The Flyers a national TV game and the rest streamers. All at 7:00.
You can save time if you just type VCU & Fordham (FU works too).

· Registered
3,739 Posts
I understand that it may be satisfying, but it doesn’t pay tribute to the only conference in the land having 3 teams sharing the same mascot.
I had to look this up.

The SWAC has 3 Tigers in just 12 teams.

Honorable mention: The OVC has 3 Eagles, although one's are Golden and another's are Screaming. They must be mad about something.

ETA: The SEC has 3 Tigers FFS. In 14 teams.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
I’m sure res already knows this, but FU’s mascot is a ram because in the 1890's, the sports cheer of the Fordham men was "One-Dam, Two-Dam, Three-Dam, Fordham!" This was brought to the attention of the Jesuit fathers and the word "dam" was changed to "ram". FU is probably a later development

· Registered
59 Posts
Yep. I’m numb to it after Saturday. There are guys playing key roles now who are likely not far from their ceiling. The future as it were will need to include some guys who aren’t here right now,
If it’s going to develop into another tourney run. My eyes are mainly focused on the development of a few freshmen.

· Piker
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just got home from the game. Good defensive effort from VCU tonight. They owned the boards. Oduro had a good scoring night but I could tell the emphasis was for VCU to not let him on the glass. He only got 2 rebounds and they made him uncomfortable all game. He turned it over 6 times. VCU was able to speed up their other players causing a poor shooting night. 3Bird Shriver is still hot from distance and Watkins is coming around.

Reactions: Goop
1 - 20 of 34 Posts