Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,294 Posts
This team is absolutely flabbergasting. The little things that made them so tough are a thing of the past. It’s mostly going through the motions. Senioritis to the millionth power.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This team is absolutely flabbergasting. The little things that made them so tough are a thing of the past. It’s mostly going through the motions. Senioritis to the millionth power.
I know I mentioned this before but in 2001-02, the Hawks had a senior-laden team that won 26 games the season before and came into that season ranked #9 in the country. However, the chemistry from the season before disappeared and they stumbled to a disappointing NIT season.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I was having flashbacks to last week. Always happy to get a road win, even better against a ranked team. But having a 15 point lead with 5 to go and almost losing at the end kills me.

·
Piker
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was having flashbacks to last week. Always happy to get a road win, even better against a ranked team. But having a 15 point lead with 5 to go and almost losing at the end kills me.
Yeah, it was a nail biter. The purposely missed free throw and phantom timeout still gets me. CBS SportsNet and the DC scoreboard showed no timeouts. The CBS announcers mentioned that the scoreboard in the arena showed 0 timeouts for Davidson. That is unacceptable. Now, DeLoach, Baldwin and Brown-Jones all had a chance to ice it and out of a possible 6 points VCU came away with 1. McKillop also purposely had them foul DeLoach who is something like 4-20 something on the season. I just knew DC would never just fold. I am happy as heck that VCU pulled it out though.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah, it was a nail biter. The purposely missed free throw and phantom timeout still gets me. CBS SportsNet and the DC scoreboard showed no timeouts. The CBS announcers mentioned that the scoreboard in the arena showed 0 timeouts for Davidson. That is unacceptable. Now, DeLoach, Baldwin and Brown-Jones all had a chance to ice it and out of a possible 6 points VCU came away with 1. McKillop also purposely had them foul DeLoach who is something like 4-20 something on the season. I just knew DC would never just fold. I am happy as heck that VCU pulled it out though.
Oh yeah, me too. At the end of the day, that's the only stat that matters. I don't know if VCU has any realistic at large hopes, but that was a must win if they do.

·
Piker
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, me too. At the end of the day, that's the only stat that matters. I don't know if VCU has any realistic at large hopes, but that was a must win if they do.
Actually that win was huge. They do have at-large hopes now. It pushed them on the bubble. Two games against UR. One at home with Bona. At Chaifetz. If the team can streak they would have a shot. They jumped to a 59 NET and got a Q1 win. If the right teams streak and say DC loses in the tournament and VCU gets to the final and loses the league could get 3 bids 🤣 Now, you said realistic so yeah. VCU would have to pretty much win out and only lose one or two to a good team at their place for it to be a viable chance. Seasons change on a dime and make no mistake that game last night was huge for VCU. From 5-2 in conference vs. 4-3.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yep for sure. But I'm on the same page with you as far as what they need to do to be in the bubble. Just whether that's realistic or not is the question!

If we can get a full 40 minutes out of the way they played most of last night, I like it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts