Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Down 4 we probably lose anyway, but that foul on Portley that resulted in 2 free throws to put Bona up 6 was hot garbage.
Nice home game for Bonas, though, so it makes sense.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Down 4 we probably lose anyway, but that foul on Portley that resulted in 2 free throws to put Bona up 6 was hot garbage.
Nice home game for Bonas, though, so it makes sense.
The refs were just as good as the players tonight.

I'm not going to outline everything, and our guys won, but at times I wondered if our guys were expected to play running back.

·
Piker
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
GDub takes down Davidson is 4 OTs at the Smith Center. I watched all of the OTs and Davidson got the final shot in the first 3 OTs and they settled for loooong 3s but could not hit them. Final was 107-104

·
Piker
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
PS-Davidson's starters played 236 of 300 minutes in this game. JAG and Grady played 58 and 57, respectively.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
PS-Davidson's starters played 236 of 300 minutes in this game. JAG and Grady played 58 and 57, respectively.
Good, we play them on the road next and the road has not been our friend. That said the team is looking much better sharing the ball and 5 players in double digits. Yes we beat the the clipped wing flapping hawk. Everybody at St Joes pays an extra dollar per game so they can shell out 50k to give the mascot a scholarship. Yup, dislike seeing that thing in our building.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thought the Flyers were going to run away with it up 19 in 2nd half at Duquesne, but credit the Dukes for clawing back like Richmond did. Dayton was sloppy and couldnt take care of the ball or rebound the MFing(!!!!!) basketball. Still a very good road win to beat a team undefeated "at home" this year in by far their biggest home crowd in maybe 50 years.

Dayton just went 5-0 vs VCU, @SLU, SBU, @ric, and @DUQ. That's a five-game gauntlet. These are good opponents and give out scholarships too. Three were on the road. One (SLU) was the worst matchup on paper. One (DUQ) was their first home loss. I still see the A10 regular season champ losing 2-3 games.

Dambrot is building a solid program. Dukes are very young.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Agreed, except that was Fordham bringing their A game tonight.
Fordham's defense is solid, ace. They disrupted passing lanes, they didn't lose their guys for open shots, and they guarded the interior well. I think they were the main reason the Bonnies looked so shitty. You guys just need some offense though. But to Fordham's credit they made SBU play their game and almost stole a W. So many times we were up 4 or 5 and couldn't extend. Whether it was Bona's play or FU's D doesn't matter and they came up with big stops.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Nice try. You have one game left on your schedule that could be an issue. UD should be embarrassed if they are worse than 17-1 at season's end.
You vastly underestimate the difficulty in winning on the road. Teams better than Dayton have lost to worse teams away from home. Gonzaga got beat by almost 20 on a neural -- not even away court -- to Michigan. URI and VCU are as good or better than Michigan. There's a reason there are only 2-3 undefeated teams left on the road this year -- its almost impossible to keep it up.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You vastly underestimate the difficulty in winning on the road. Teams better than Dayton have lost to worse teams away from home. Gonzaga got beat by almost 20 on a neural -- not even away court -- to Michigan. URI and VCU are as good or better than Michigan. There's a reason there are only 2-3 undefeated teams left on the road this year -- its almost impossible to keep it up.
Don't bring your personal problems to the board.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I agree. Just be glad you don't come to Fordham this season! Then again it would probably be like a home game for you guys, like it was for Bona last night.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts