Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A.A. keeps telling me otherwise. I’m not sure he’s on board yet with your thinking.
My comments were always about a team or team dominating the league and losing in the semis or finals in Brooklyn. It can actually still happen with Dayton and one other team. Probably won't but the possibility is still there.

OK, I am not going to go off about VCU the rest of this conference season. I knew what would happen last night because I watch lots of basketball. Duquesne has the dawg in them and VCU plays like their "talent" will suffice. The problem is that they are just not good. Ace is surrounded by a bunch of frontrunners. The offense is poor and nothing will change. Unfortunately you do not have to do anything but look at Rhoades offenses from Rice to VCU. He have never had a team with an offensive rating under 100 and most are in the high 100s and even about 200. It is just how it is. Marcus Evans helped get him the VCU job by carrying Rice to the NIT. He then had a great junior season. Things unraveled his senior year and this team has the same feel to that season. Lost and lazy. Rhoades' coached teams have been saved by guards like Evans, Bones and Ace but they can only do so much. VCU always used to get recruits who played with heart but those days have passed. Not sure what needs to happen but I guarantee that VCU will be lucky to go 5-5 in the next 10 games. I think it will be worse than that.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
My comments were always about a team or team dominating the league and losing in the semis or finals in Brooklyn. It can actually still happen with Dayton and one other team. Probably won't but the possibility is still there.

OK, I am not going to go off about VCU the rest of this conference season. I knew what would happen last night because I watch lots of basketball. Duquesne has the dawg in them and VCU plays like their "talent" will suffice. The problem is that they are just not good. Ace is surrounded by a bunch of frontrunners. The offense is poor and nothing will change. Unfortunately you do not have to do anything but look at Rhoades offenses from Rice to VCU. He have never had a team with an offensive rating under 100 and most are in the high 100s and even about 200. It is just how it is. Marcus Evans helped get him the VCU job by carrying Rice to the NIT. He then had a great junior season. Things unraveled his senior year and this team has the same feel to that season. Lost and lazy. Rhoades' coached teams have been saved by guards like Evans, Bones and Ace but they can only do so much. VCU always used to get recruits who played with heart but those days have passed. Not sure what needs to happen but I guarantee that VCU will be lucky to go 5-5 in the next 10 games. I think it will be worse than that.
Yeah, it's been evident for a few years now, but there's always a player to hide the flaws. It's obvious that changes need to be made, but I feel Rhoades is to proud/stubborn to admit that. So, the question is how long will people make excuses or find it acceptable. 5-5 in the next 10 games? I'd take the under and think we end the conference season below .500.

· Registered
125 Posts

You nailed it with the “watch a lot of basketball” part.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts