·
Piker
10,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Reactions: Goop

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I don’t get CBS sports, so I couldn’t watch, but it looked like a good game from following along on my phone. Looked like a rough night shooting for both teams, but happy to get the road win.

Also, 27 FT attempts for Dayton and just 2 for VCU, which came in the last couple minutes?

·
Piker
10,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t get CBS sports, so I couldn’t watch, but it looked like a good game from following along on my phone. Looked like a rough night shooting for both teams, but happy to get the road win.

Also, 27 FT attempts for Dayton and just 2 for VCU, which came in the last couple minutes?
The foul disparity was eye popping but I will say that UD played a good soft zone. It was a rock fight between two teams that have not played for quite some time and yes the shooting was not good. This is not a new thing with VCU. Nunn being out hurt because he is one of VCU's most productive offensive players.

·
Piker
10,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and I think you could have found it on YouTube TV. Next time check with me on a CBS SportsNet game and I will get you dialed in. Roku users can share links with each other.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,053 Posts
27-2 is absurd, regardless of circumstances. VCU’s press should be called for far more touch and grab fouls than it typically is, but still… that’s a jarring difference.

·
Piker
10,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
27-2 is absurd, regardless of circumstances. VCU’s press should be called for far more touch and grab fouls than it typically is, but still… that’s a jarring difference.
Ha! Most of those highlights are of UD shooting foul shots. They only made 65%. I was not freaking out about it last night. UD played a soft zone and VCU was not attacking the glass finding opportunities to draw fouls. Reminded me of a 2014 game I flew with the team to watch in Cincinnati. VCU shot one free throw the entire game and they won.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Dayton can't seem to fine someone to play along with Smith and provide at least consistent average play. Amzil who played pretty well last season seems lost coming in off the bench. Perhaps he needs to start to get into the flow of the game.

·
Piker
10,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

Just from the highlights the refs were killing me. But given VCU’s offense, a three week pause, and no Levi in the lane, it’s a great win.
Coach said the team did not even practice. Nunn was too winded after warmups to go. He is still dealing with symptoms of the virus.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Given how long it was, I didn’t expect they really had enough to practice. But that’s still crazy to think about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts