·
Piker
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The line on the Mason/Bona game has moved from GMU -3 to Bona -1

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I haven't checked lately, but as of this morning, 96% of the money was on Bona. That would explain it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I haven't checked lately, but as of this morning, 96% of the money was on Bona. That would explain it.
I wonder if that is because of the game, or just 24 times as many sports bettors in Western NY vs Northern VA...

·
Piker
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to bet in college but I stopped due to wild swings that caused me to wait tables to pay off my bookie. If I were a betting man I would be looking right at that St Joe's/Duquesne match-up. SJU is an 8 point dog at Hagan and Duquesne is playing their first true road game. I think I would take the points, the flappy Hawk and the beating drum with a Philly cheesesteak to top off that bet.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
It's really crazy that Duquesne has no home arena this season, but is somehow playing their first true road game on January 8.

·
Piker
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's really crazy that Duquesne has no home arena this season, but is somehow playing their first true road game on January 8.
Yesterday I saw that they were the only team that had not played a road game. Of course, with Palumbo being renovated I guess they have also not played a true home game either.

·
Piker
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This why I stopped making bets.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What happened here? I thought I could drop in for an efficient catch up on all the game results tonight, and it's dead. Sounds like Bona won. Who else? I know I don't contribute, but something is wrong here.

·
Piker
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What happened here? I thought I could drop in for an efficient catch up on all the game results tonight, and it's dead. Sounds like Bona won. Who else? I know I don't contribute, but something is wrong here.
What message board do you frequent? I have not found many forums that are active with lots of members. Usually, it is the same small number of people posting. For instance, VCU's message board is pretty active yet it tends to have around 20 people viewing it at any given time. People drop in and out. Many choose to read and not post. This board has lost some traffic but could it be that their teams have not really lived up to their expectations and they have lost interest? Maybe. I was watching some games last night and their arenas said as much. Lots of empty seats. If they are not going to the games why post about the team.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What message board do you frequent? I have not found many forums that are active with lots of members. Usually, it is the same small number of people posting. For instance, VCU's message board is pretty active yet it tends to have around 20 people viewing it at any given time. People drop in and out. Many choose to read and not post. This board has lost some traffic but could it be that their teams have not really lived up to their expectations and they have lost interest? Maybe. I was watching some games last night and their arenas said as much. Lots of empty seats. If they are not going to the games why post about the team.
The negativity between Dayton and Xavier used to feed the board. The board lost something when X went away.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
From Joe Lunardi last night on Duquesne:

"I actually think they’re better, and not because this is a blowout. Their length is more impressive in person. The trouble it causes defensively. And they have more ways to score than I thought. Sometimes a balanced offensive team like that doesn’t stand out on paper, but it’s more noticeable up close. The Hawks haven’t had any defensive answers, but even had they played a better defensive game, I’m not sure, in fact I’m fairly certain Duquesne would have had enough answers."

"I think I had them seventh on my ballot. Sometimes you get a team where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I think what has impressed me the most tonight is that they’re more than that. Their parts are good."

"First true road game. Not a particularly intimidating building. We’ll see when the go to the Ryan Center or when they go to the Sigel Center, or Dayton, or somewhere like St. Bonaventure. Some of the more, how do we say, unfriendly arenas in the league. Can they split those kind of road trips? If they do, then they’re going to be in the tournament. At minimum the NIT, and that would be an extraordinary year for the program."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts