Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nobody posted. Ha!

I kept hearing from other VCU fans how this is a better offensive team yet in the Manhattan game they went 10 minutes without scoring. Oh, it happened again last night. I am tired of watching offensively inept teams. It hurts my eyes and my heart. I just feel like the recent VCU teams show poor decision making and the unnecessary technical fouls are really bothering me. OK, I am in a bad mood. I will stop.
It is very difficult to watch a team that you root for go long stretches without scoring any points. Every year the Billikens seem to have many games that they have those stretches. This year they have many offensive options. On Tuesday night they put up 90 points against a good Memphis defense, and with Javonte Perkins hardly playing and scoring only 2 points. They will be up against a very good Maryland defense on Saturday afternoon and I am hopeful that they will not have any scoring droughts. We shall see.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey, for what it's worth, they beat the Bonnies in January 2020 by about 75 points without Evans. I do also recall them taking down St Louis in 2021 without Bones, a win that was no doubt a difference maker in why VCU was bid a 10 seed and SLU was bid a dreaded first 4 out. Understand the frustration, though. Anemic offense and swarming d is the equivalent of a ground and pound football team. You may never get blown out, but you leave the door open to 'bad losses'.

Bill, the answer is yes! We had it in 2020. It just got made up for by a pandemic that cancelled the tournament, and the league's first 1 or 2 seed in close to a couple of decades.
Hey, for what it's worth, they beat the Bonnies in January 2020 by about 75 points without Evans. I do also recall them taking down St Louis in 2021 without Bones, a win that was no doubt a difference maker in why VCU was bid a 10 seed and SLU was bid a dreaded first 4 out. Understand the frustration, though. Anemic offense and swarming d is the equivalent of a ground and pound football team. You may never get blown out, but you leave the door open to 'bad losses'.

Bill, the answer is yes! We had it in 2020. It just got made up for by a pandemic that cancelled the tournament, and the league's first 1 or 2 seed in close to a couple of decades.
Why did you have to remind me of that Bonesless VCU victory? You’re right though, that’s why the Billikens didn’t make the big dance that year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts