Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big ole game for Dayton today. Been so impressed with the defense in Maui. If we play D like this then we’re easily a top 25 team.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Why is the Maui final on at 5PM? Every year that is one of the best tournaments so I cant think of a good reason to have it that early.

·
Piker
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I was there just to witness the interaction between Jayhawk and Flyer fans. Here is to the Flyers making the Jayhawk cry.

·
Piker
8,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm definitely feeling the high of victory at the moment, but I got VCU, Dayton, SLU, and Richmond as likely NCAA teams. Am I crazy? Are we looking at 4-5 bids this year?
Rhody looks pretty tough to me and Duquesne is plugging along. You know that Davidson and Bona will decide to play better in mid-December so who knows? I forgot to mention Mason who is playing really well right now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rhody looks pretty tough to me and Duquesne is plugging along. You know that Davidson and Bona will decide to play better in mid-December so who knows? I forgot to mention Mason who is playing really well right now.
You're not wrong. Duquesne I'm somewhat skeptical of because they haven't played a very tough schedule but if everyone keeps going the way things are we could have 4 teams or more playing for seeding in February. A lot of OOC games still to play and I tend to be excitable but I'm drinking the Kool Aid.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I'm definitely feeling the high of victory at the moment, but I got VCU, Dayton, SLU, and Richmond as likely NCAA teams. Am I crazy? Are we looking at 4-5 bids this year?

The problem isn't how we're playing. The problem is the landscape around us. We’re strong and we’d have 5-6 candidates.

But the problem is the NET system, the NCAA Committee picking their own direction, the consolidation of power into 10 total good conferences… There’s basically 63 teams for 46 spots (with 22 one-bid leagues).

It’s really, really, really, really hard for us to get resumes that top what the BCS guys are going to get by default with essentially 20+ Q1/Q2 games on their schedule via 20-game conference slates and everyone buying home OOC wins.

I think 4 is like, best-case scenario. But I’ll scream and yell to my grave that we’re better than that.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not saying Dayton isn't committing those fouls. I'm saying if you call the same thing at both ends of the floor, fouls would be UD 14, Kansas 12, not 9-4.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts