Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Bilass is a Kansas homer.
He's been giving UD plenty of love all tournament. He said Dayton was the best team in the tournament. He said UD hass played better so far this season than Michigan State, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky. I was like "Is Bilas making a case for UD to be ranked No. 1?"

Today he did say "I'm not saying they're the best team in the country, but it's pretty inexcusable for them not to be in the Top 25"

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Mikesell attacking Azubuike. Awesome. Good play. 4th foul. Keep attacking at the big man and get him outta there.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Kansas played the best basketball they've played all season, got Azubuike to DOUBLE his FT%, got 80% of the calls, and still needed OT to sneak by the Flyers. It's a joke that Dayton isn't ranked.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That was a we could've, should've won it type of game for the Flyers. While every game has its questionable calls, I thought KU got a disproportionate share in their favor. A little surprise UD's big guy didn't get a few more minutes to lean on Azubuike when Dayton was on defense, and to seal or screen him off when UD had the ball. Barring injury, Dayton looks like they can be competitive with just about anyone in the college ranks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Sorry folks. We tried to grind out the W but couldnt get it done. Would have been big for the A10. We just had nobody who could guard Azubuike. The good news is nobody in the A10 does either and we won't have to face anybody like that the rest of the year. Not sure VCU would have even pushed KU to OT today. Hot three point shooting kept us in it but KU shot 55% overall. We couldnt score in the high 60%/low 70% like we normally do inside the arc.

Ugh. So painful. And with Georgia needing heroics to beat Chaminade and Tech getting thumped by BYU, Im tapping the brakes a bit. Still think we accomplished a lot considering the nailbiter vs Kansas, but we still have much to get better at.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts