Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
bonaking101
51 Posts
Sorry folks. We tried to grind out the W but couldnt get it done. Would have been big for the A10. We just had nobody who could guard Azubuike. The good news is nobody in the A10 does either and we won't have to face anybody like that the rest of the year. Not sure VCU would have even pushed KU to OT today. Hot three point shooting kept us in it but KU shot 55% overall. We couldnt score in the high 60%/low 70% like we normally do inside the arc.

Ugh. So painful. And with Georgia needing heroics to beat Chaminade and Tech getting thumped by BYU, Im tapping the brakes a bit. Still think we accomplished a lot considering the nailbiter vs Kansas, but we still have much to get better at.
Chet - are you serious? You don't have to tap the brakes. Dayton looks like a top 10 team and is very capable of going to the final four. It's all a matter of playing your best basketball in March. You are representing the A-10 in a big way! Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to all our A-10 brethren!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Grant out coached by Bill Self
No he wasn't.

KU exposed two minor weaknesses.. help in the lane and interior D. Which aren't going to matter much unless you're playing teams of that caliber all year.

It took questionable officiating and a ridiculous late game run for KU to be there at the end.

Maybe UD ran out of gas but it wasn't coaching.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
No he wasn't.

KU exposed two minor weaknesses.. help in the lane and interior D. Which aren't going to matter much unless you're playing teams of that caliber all year.

It took questionable officiating and a ridiculous late game run for KU to be there at the end.

Maybe UD ran out of gas but it wasn't coaching.
I was joking when I said he was out coached. I don’t think AG is the best X’s or O’s coach. I also don’t think that many of the big name HC’s (Coach K) are that great either. Grant has done a really good job in bring in some really good players, and has them buying in to his system / culture. It’s easy to coach when you have good talent that plays well together and like each other. That’s as much a part of being a good HC as bench coaching IMO. As you pointed out, what Self did last night was no stroke of genius.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm a Dayton grad and a fan who found the UD-KU matchup to be great game to watch even though I hoped for different outcome. The Flyers are a good team, but Grant and UD fans can't count on the team going 16 of 33 for 48.5% from three every game.Their overall talent should get them through most games, but I think they're going to need get some quality minutes from the big guy, Tshimanga in games where the other team has strong players at the 4/5 position(s).

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I don’t see the Flyers relying as heavily on the three going forward. Kansas is so big and double teamed Obi with some really athletic players. I also read that they played a triangle and two at times. We’re not going to face another team with that size, skill and athleticism in the OOC or in conference.

I think the Flyers are a much better shooting team this year - maybe the best I have ever watched. It’s why we’re scoring +80 points per game

41 - 46 of 46 Posts