Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am pretty sure one of those refs got into it with me during a timeout last year. I was sitting court side and I yelled, come on man! That is a horrible!" He sought me out and gave me the old, I get paid to know basketball and you are biased. I held out my glasses toward him. He had a talk with one of security guys who I know. Needless to say I had to keep my mouth shut. That crew was bad. It was a sloppy game with 43 turnovers which made it even worse.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Yes. I’m not saying Bona lost because of that crew. No way. Bona was lethargic and looked the part of a team who played a couple of exhibitions prior to a conference opener. Awful effort by our guys, and an even worse effort by our staff and athletic department for failing to piece together a semi-suitable OOC.

We’ll keep hearing excuses from the lifers at SBU, but most of the league was able to overcome similar obstacles en route to 6-9 non-conference games. Inexcusable results.

Lastly, I need to reiterate how uniquely bad that officiating crew was. As was said above, it wasn’t like anyone got hosed, per se. It’s that those referees looked so unsure of themselves, so susceptible to bench chirping, and inserted themselves to the point that no flow could develop for either team.

Burn that tape. Disgusting performances on almost all fronts for Bona. I’m beyond disappointed. I’m angry.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
UMass totally screwed up in regulation. Their coach decided to throw the ball full court for no apparent reason and no time went off the clock on the turnover. That is when the unraveling began. We got OT.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
We are down to 9 at the moment. No Sherod, Weir, Crabtree (fractured. Foot), or Gustavson (Groin).

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
But hanging around long enough to get the W.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The Dayton game looked (from the box score) to be a wild one. The winning basket was made with 2 seconds left.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The Dayton game looked (from the box score) to be a wild one. The winning basket was made with 2 seconds left.
I had three devices going during the 7 pm games. On the UD/La Salle game one interesting note was Mustapha Amzil. He is a 6'10 player from Helsinki, Finland. He got on their campus 10 days ago and he dropped 22 and pulled down 7 rebounds. I also find it interesting that Coach Grant has moved Crutcher off the point.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Oh and McCall really screwed the pooch in Amherst. From the end of regulation through the two OTs he never listened to any of my advice that I had rattling around in my brain.

Reactions: Bona03

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Dayton's last four losses have been in OT or on last second shots near the buzzer. Gee whizz.

UD had a half-roster available on Wednesday but that's no excuse. Cant stress enough how much no crowd at UD Arena negatively affects the program. The team is out there by themselves which is never the case otherwise -- even on the road. Teams are just not intimidated by cardboard cutouts. LaSalle is putrid and that was a putrid loss but LaSalle deserved to win. We are so thin its frightening.

Johnson -- quit right before the game
Frazier - injured and out
Cohill - injured out for season
Weaver - injured and out
Blakney - injured and out
Zimi - nearly unplayable
Brea - see Zimi

Silver lining was Amzil. Whew doggies. Showed up a week ago. Found out he could play hours before the game. 6-10 and just 19. He reminds me of a taller Peyton Aldridge but better at the same age. Cant wait to see Amzil play with Deron Holmes and Kaleb Washington next year.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dayton's last four losses have been in OT or on last second shots near the buzzer. Gee whizz.

UD had a half-roster available on Wednesday but that's no excuse. Cant stress enough how much no crowd at UD Arena negatively affects the program. The team is out there by themselves which is never the case otherwise -- even on the road. Teams are just not intimidated by cardboard cutouts. LaSalle is putrid and that was a putrid loss but LaSalle deserved to win. We are so thin its frightening.

Johnson -- quit right before the game
Frazier - injured and out
Cohill - injured out for season
Weaver - injured and out
Blakney - injured and out
Zimi - nearly unplayable
Brea - see Zimi

Silver lining was Amzil. Whew doggies. Showed up a week ago. Found out he could play hours before the game. 6-10 and just 19. He reminds me of a taller Peyton Aldridge but better at the same age. Cant wait to see Amzil play with Deron Holmes and Kaleb Washington next year.
You used to be funny Chet...years ago. Now you've morphed into one of those Xavier fans that you used to hate so much when they trashed your Cryers. Your team lost...at home. Get over it and quit your whining / excuse making.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts