Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Juan Bid is no where near the building. Rhode Island is on 95 projections with an average seed of 9.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
That is a crippling loss for VCU. They still have time to recover and have Dayton again but they will have to work to get a bid now. Juan Bid is lingering a little. I can see a scenario where Rhode Island loses a couple and their resume is not strong enough. Really, VCU's isnt that strong right now either. I do think we get 2 but 3 is looking less likely at the moment.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
That surely didn’t look like the VCU team I’ve watched a few times this season, but everyone (outside of a very select few) has an exasperating loss or two most seasons.

I expect the Commies to bounce back and finish top four.

·
Piker
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That surely didn’t look like the VCU team I’ve watched a few times this season, but everyone (outside of a very select few) has an exasperating loss or two most seasons.

I expect the Commies to bounce back and finish top four.
They have issues. They have played well at times but overall this has been a struggle for me as a fan. Oh well. It happens. I lived through the dark ages of VCU basketball so I can live through this. Just seems like the team has a major case of senioritis.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
They have issues. They have played well at times but overall this has been a struggle for me as a fan. Oh well. It happens. I lived through the dark ages of VCU basketball so I can live through this. Just seems like the team has a major case of senioritis.
Not that it makes it any easier, but if this type of season is a struggle, then you probably have a strong program.

Play Bones more.

·
Piker
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not that it makes it any easier, but if this type of season is a struggle, then you probably have a strong program.

Play Bones more.
Yep. In my eyes as a fan I see the Army approach as being a hinderance with this team. Four minute substitution patterns seem to cause a lack in continuity. VCU is a Jeykll and Hyde shooting team but there is more to it than that. I think he should go more with a 8 player rotation with two bigs on the court for most of the game. It might not be the answer and it will not happen because Coach is loyal to the seniors.

·
Piker
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PS-All that said, give credit to Mason. They came in and "big-boyed" VCU. They wanted the win and they took it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ugh, probably a season-ending loss last night. I don't even know what to say, such a frustrating season given the roster and how we finished last year. Jenkins and Vann have finally started playing better, but Evans and Simms......like a few have said, why isn't Bones playing more? Loyalty to seniors is dumb if the seniors aren't helping.

·
Piker
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The unfortunate thing is you work years to get a senior heavy team like this. So far it looks like a total failure and maybe the most overrated VCU team since I have been following in the late 70s.

The drive home always makes games like this worse for me because of our homer radio guys and coach speak. Rodney Ashby a former player actually said he did not think effort was the issue. That is insane. Then the other announcer I refuse to name because he always gets on my last nerve said, It's not like we lost to Towson. Huh?! I needed to turn on some music at that point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts