Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
There are White Castles in Dayton. That fact alone makes it a more appealing place than Olean (or Pittsburgh).
I had to do a google search to see if there were in fact any White Castles around here because I haven’t had a White Castle burger in more than 35 years. There is one in one of Dayton’s suburbs. There is nothing appealing about White Castle other than they were 3 for a $1 when I was a poor college student.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Yes, I do.

But then again, I've been do Dayton -- multiple times. Is NCR still a big player there?
Ha. Good one res. You’ve been saving the NCR comment for 11 years? NCR actually left Dayton many, many years before before it moved its HQ’s to the Atlanta area in ‘09.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes, but the Robins seats 7,000 also...and they never show more than 250 on TV anyway.
And we have great video boards.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I feel for Rhody fans. For the first 60% of the season, Fatts looked like a new Fatts. But in the last month, Fatts has looked like the Fatts from last year where he can shoot you out of a game as fast as he can shoot you into it. Fatts has always been a volume shooter but now that the shots arent falling again, is really put a cramp into the Rams' fortunes.

Personally I think Dowtin is the better PG and should be running the show, with Fatts at the 2. When Dowtin WAS the point guard, he was pretty darn good. Not sure why he lost the job. Fatts with the ball all the time plays into Fatts moral hazard -- which is the ball sticking to Fatts too often.

I enjoyed saying Fatts nine times. Actually thats ten.
Most of us Rhody fans agree with the Dowtin commentary. Jeff is a mensch and sacrificed his PG duties (and his fantastic assist to TO ratio) in the interest of developing Fatts once his efficiency improved so much over the summer. But in retrospect Dowtin should have been more of an alpha from the start of this season. As goes the shooting so goes the Rams, certainly over the past 2 seasons now. And sub-30% performances will not get it done for ANY team.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts