@

Week 10
Minnesota Vikings @ New York Giants
Sunday November 13th, 2005
1:00 PM
TV Coverage: Fox
Radio Coverage: WFAN
Giants Record: 6-2

The Giants will look to remain undefeated at home as they take on the Minnesota Vikings (3-5) in Giants Stadium.

Bet some uCash on the game!

Team Leaders:
Giants
Passing:

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>Yards</td><td>CMP%</td><td>TD</td><td>INT</td>
<tr align=center><td>Eli Manning</td><td>1811</td><td>51.6</td><td>14</td><td>5</td></table>

Rushing:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>Yards</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>FUM</td>
<tr align=center><td>Tiki Barber</td><td>760</td><td>5.0</td><td>5</td><td>1</td>
<tr align=center><td>Derrick Ward</td><td>115</td><td>4.3</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><tr align=center><td>Brandon Jacobs</td><td>79</td><td>3.0</td><td>5</td><td>1</td></table>

Receiving:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>REC</td><td>Yards</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td>
<tr align=center><td>Plaxico Burress</td><td>45</td><td>656</td><td>14.6</td><td>5</td>
<tr align=center><td>Jeremy Shockey</td><td>32</td><td>530</td><td>16.6</td><td>5</td>
<tr align=center><td>Amani Toomer</td><td>24</td><td>289</td><td>12</td><td>2</td>
<tr align=center><td>Tiki Barber</td><td>16</td><td>152</td><td>9.5</td><td>1</td>
<tr align=center><td>Tim Carter</td><td>6</td><td>106</td><td>17.7</td><td>0</td></table>

Vikings
Passing:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>Yards</td><td>CMP%</td><td>TD</td><td>INT</td>
<tr align=center><td>Daunte Culpepper</td><td>1564</td><td>64.4</td><td>6</td><td>12</td>
<tr align=center><td>Brad Johnson</td><td>298</td><td>54.9</td><td>3</td><td>0</td></table>

Rushing:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>Yards</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>FUM</td>
<tr align=center><td>Mewelde Moore</td><td>368</td><td>4.0</td><td>1</td><td>1</td>
<tr align=center><td>Michael Bennett</td><td>177</td><td>4.3</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><tr align=center><td>Daunte Culpepper</td><td>147</td><td>6.1</td><td>1</td><td>1</td></table>

Receiving:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Player</td><td>REC
</td><td>Yards</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><tr align=center><td>Marcus Robinson</td><td>20</td><td>349</td><td>17.5</td><td>2</td>
<tr align=center><td>Travis Taylor</td><td>29</td><td>332</td><td>11.4</td><td>2</td>
<tr align=center><td>Jermaine Wiggins</td><td>36</td><td>306</td><td>8.5</td><td>0</td>
<tr align=center><td>Troy Williamson</td><td>18</td><td>276</td><td>15.3</td><td>2</td>
<tr align=center><td>Mewelde Moore</td><td>20</td><td>212</td><td>10.6</td><td>1</td></table>

Standings:
NFC East

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Win</td><td>Loss</td>
<tr align=center><td>New York Giants</td><td>6</td><td>2</td>
<tr align=center><td>Dallas Cowboys</td><td>5</td><td>3</td>
<tr align=center><td>Washington Redskins</td><td>5</td><td>3</td>
<tr align=center><td>Philadelphia Eagles</td><td>4</td><td>4</td></table>

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ToddMac11 God bless you, I love the thread created, You are the man. I will be in attendance this game so if someone can possibly do the game thread unless I bring my laptop then I will be able to. :cheers: :rock: :yes: :bsmile:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
I was going to put in defensive stats, but there is too much with that, and doing the charts was making my head hurt, haha.
LOL, I totally understand. You have to teach me sometime how to do these kinds of threads. Really appreciate this. :cheers: Whenever I get the chance I will rep you again.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Minnesota Vikings @
New York Giants

Vikings look for second straight

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Ticker) -- The New York Giants have been dominant at home. The Minnesota Vikings have been pathetic on the road.

The NFC teams meet for the seventh straight year on Sunday. The previous four have been at the Metrodome, with the Giants winning three of those meetings.

The Vikings would prefer to forget the last time they visited Giants Stadium. That was in the NFC championship game in January 2001 and the Giants rolled to a 41-0 victory.

Running back Tiki Barber, wide receiver Amani Toomer and defensive end Michael Strahan are among the Giants that remain from the Super Bowl team. The Vikings then were led by quarterback Daunte Culpepper and wide receiver Randy Moss. Neither will play on Sunday - Culpepper suffered a season-ending knee injury in an October 30 game at Carolina and Moss was traded to Oakland in the offseason.

Barber rushed for 75 of his 101 yards and both of his touchdowns in the first half when the Giants built a 20-point lead en route to a 34-13 rout at the Metrodome last season.

Barber has been especially effective against the Vikings, totaling 173 yards from scrimmage, including a 44-yard touchdown run, in the Giants' 27-20 victory in 2002, and recording 122 yards and another score in a 29-17 triumph in 2003.

Signs point to another Giants win on Sunday. New York is 5-0 at Giants Stadium this season, outscoring opponents by a whopping margin of 173-76. The Vikings are 0-4 on the road and have been outscored, 133-34.

New York's offense, led by quarterback Eli Manning, Barber, tight end Jeremy Shockey and wide receiver Plaxico Burress, is averaging a league-high 29.1 points.

And the defense has not allowed a touchdown in two straight games - wins over Washington (36-0) and San Francisco (24-6). Last week, the Giants yielded just nine first downs and 138 total yards to San Francisco as middle linebacker Antonio Pierce had seven tackles and a sack.

Veteran Brad Johnson now leads a Vikings' offense that averages just 16.3 points. Johnson replaced the injured Culpepper and threw for a pair of touchdowns in the Vikings' 27-14 win over Detroit last week.

Best known for helping the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win the Super Bowl in 2002, Johnson is 59-41 as a starter.

Minnesota may be without running back Mewelde Moore, who sprained his right wrist in the win over Detroit. Michael Bennett produced 106 yards on just 18 carries last week and will likely start on Sunday.

The Vikings recorded four sacks, including two by end Lance Johnstone, and forced three turnovers in the win over Detroit.

Matchup to watch: Former Giant Mike Rosenthal lines up against left end Strahan, who has 6 1/2 sacks.

Series: Series tied, 10-10.

Next week: Minnesota visits Green Bay, November 21; NY Giants host Philadelphia, November 20

·
Registered
7,595 Posts

The Giants will face a familiar foe with a new look when they host the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. In the five most recent meetings, the Vikes' QB was Daunte Culpepper. And in the last six games, the Vikings’ top WR was Randy Moss. Neither will be on the field at Giants Stadium this week. Culpepper is out for the season after suffering a serious knee injury two weeks ago at Carolina. And Moss is in Oakland, where he was traded on March 2.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dooch said:
LOL, I totally understand. You have to teach me sometime how to do these kinds of threads. Really appreciate this. :cheers: Whenever I get the chance I will rep you again.
its not too hard to do...the charts are the only really hard part, but once you get used to them, they aren't bad.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
its not too hard to do...the charts are the only really hard part, but once you get used to them, they aren't bad.
Yea I heard that most of it is not that hard, and the charts were the most difficult part. netsgiants I think Tiki Barber might surpass your guess of 125 and get like 150+ if they continually get him the ball. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think this is a more legitimate "trap" game than last week, because Brad Johnson is a much better QB than Pickett will ever be. If the Giants do build the lead, it would be wise to allow Jacobs/Ward to get some more carries, since Barber is on pace for 300+ carries this year.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...two turnovers deep in our own territory, and the Vikings come up with nothing to show for it.

The D has been awesome so far...now the offense just needs to get it going.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Giants down 7-6 at the half. If it wasn't for all the missed field goals, it should be 13-9.

If the offense can come out and do anything in the second half, this game is defintiely winable.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
It is now 14-6 in favor of the Minnesota Vikings a bunch of turnovers have hurt the New York Giants. Eli Manning throwing interceptions in the red zone. We need to step up on both ends of the football, but we have been doing a decent job on defense. Lets Go G-Men!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Dooch said:
It is now 14-6 in favor of the Minnesota Vikings a bunch of turnovers have hurt the New York Giants. Eli Manning throwing interceptions in the red zone. We need to step up on both ends of the football, but we have been doing a decent job on defense. Lets Go G-Men!
Decent? You're D has been flat out awesome so far. Vikes only had like 20 total yards at halftime. Pathetic. I can't believe the Vikings are actually winning this game with how bad they've been playing so far. Thank you Eli I guess?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
WhoDaBest23 said:
Decent? You're D has been flat out awesome so far. Vikes only had like 20 total yards at halftime. Pathetic. I can't believe the Vikings are actually winning this game with how bad they've been playing so far. Thank you Eli I guess?
The defense has been the most positive part for us today. And yes you could thank Eli for throwing those interceptions, but it is not all his fault. The recievers have good thrown passes to them and they are letting the balls go right through their hands. 14-13 Minnesota Vikings, after a called back touchdown. :banana:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
The New York Giants go back on offense after the defense stops the Minnesota Vikings offense. Tiki Barber rushes for a couple of yards. Oh My God! Jeff Feagles had a nice punt, and another special teams touchdown for the Minnesota Vikings. Pick it up Giants! :curse:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
21-23 Minnesota Vikings, the Minnesota Vikings' special teams is killing us today. Our offense needs to get into the endzone more. We must pick up our game on all ends of the football!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Michael Bennett fumbled the handoff from Johnson and the New York Giants recover the fumble and will go back on offense down by 8. 21-13 still.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Eli Manning supposedly fumbled the ball after being hit by one of the players on the Minnesota Vikings defense. The play is being under review and they are checking whether or not his arm was going forward which would rule it an incomplete pass.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts