Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
UMBC fan
3,891 Posts
Don't know much, but they have a returning senior in Zach Cooks who scores 20 PPG. Don't seem like a threat to compete for a top seed from what I can tell.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice to have some fresh blood and welcome. We can only hope this replaces the d3 games (I know unlikely). As far as competition goes they were 309 in rpi last season and 8-21 overall.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wouldn't sleep on them. Prolly have one of the better wins in the last 10 years of any AE team other than UMBC - when they took down Michigan who was ranked in the top 20 at the time.

In the last few years they have beaten SB and lost by 1 to Albany.

I think they could very well end up in the top half of the league.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice to have some fresh blood and welcome. We can only hope this replaces the d3 games (I know unlikely). As far as competition goes they were 309 in rpi last season and 8-21 overall.
no shot. Tommy Dempsey needs at least 2 guaranteed wins on the schedule.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Is there a forum out there which has NJIT fans now? I'd like to know what they think about joining the AE and what they have cooking for the upcoming basketball season. Some of the AE schools have very few fans on this forum now so if there is a way to boost membership it should be applied to all the AE schools.

·
Gr8t Dane
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone create a gofundme page to pay for advertisements in the student papers at each AE school. I'd donate a couple bucks to the cause.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If NJIT fans exist, they'd be on Reddit or Twitter, which are the new go-tos for your sports chatter. Even if they found this place, hard to get people to sign up and remember another account when you can have two handles, logged into all your devices easily and use them to talk sports or literally anything else that interests you. Message boards are for boomers and Gen X everyone, signed an older Millenial. Not saying don't try, it'd be nice to get new voices here, but we all gotta admit if not for the section of UVM fans, this place would be a graveyard. And in the grand scheme of things the most active branch of the UVM base here is probably only slightly larger than any UVM base you'd find in other places online, both of which are small numbers. And for the record, I wouldn't advocate moving everyone here to Reddit, either. It's fine, but you all think my civility discourse is bad?

I could probably count on my hands the number of fans from other schools who post 100+ times in a year on here. And truthfully, good for them because at least they have a life, am I right?

As for NJIT, I wonder how much its alumni base is connected to sports. They've overcome it on the field and from an operational/facilities standpoint, but I imagine that terrible start didn't help with alums, and like most schools in the league, it's probably difficult to cultivate a community fanbase, especially in a city environment like Newark.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
An interview with the AE commissioner and the NJIT AD explaining how this deal got done and looking ahead....

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's also really hard to quantify the number of people who read posts, don't have an account, or simply don't participate in the discussion. There are a number of people out there who see these discussions and never make it known to us.

·
Examiner
727 Posts
We need a mid-major/low-major catch all forum. Even then I don’t think there are enough active users combined. The Atlantic10 board is pretty quiet these days. Caazone is gone.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts