Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what an easy road for them. Not even a real challenge, except the first round. Washington was an undeserving #1 seed, and not surprisingly they are the first to lose. Now Louisville is playing either WVU/TT, neither of which should even be in the sweet 16. Louisville is playing with some swagger right now, but will lose as soon as they face a team that actually has talent.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
That's BS. Use your logical skills to show that Washington should not have been a first seed and who should have replaced them.

Rather then a "my eyes" use an argument that is acceptable under the standards that are you used by the committee.

A weighting of all relevant measures pointed to Washington as the clear fourth #1 seed. I'm not making the argument again - go and dig up my old thread where I made the logical case against your ridiculous claim. Last time you simply ignored it because you had no valid points to refute it. I'm not wasting my time typing it again or even searching for it. The ball's in your court - prove it, instead of simply preying on others arguments.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just because they were the weakest 1 seed doesn't mean they didn't deserve it.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
West Virginia knocked off Wake, if they play well again I don't see why they couldn't beat Lousville..

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
Wow, what an easy road for them. Not even a real challenge, except the first round. Washington was an undeserving #1 seed, and not surprisingly they are the first to lose. Now Louisville is playing either WVU/TT, neither of which should even be in the sweet 16. Louisville is playing with some swagger right now, but will lose as soon as they face a team that actually has talent.
why was georgia tech a really tough game? how did they deserve a 5 seed? they were probably looking at a 9 seed or so before the acc tournament and a good showing there jumps them to a 5? louisville has an easy road because they didn't have to play illinois or north carolina and the 2 and 3 seeds both lost, not because washington is a bad team.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
West Virginia is the hottest team in the tourney right now...don't count them out to beat Louisville....this is March, anything can happen, and usually does.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you ask me, Louisville is actually the "hottest team" right now. No to take anything away from West Virginia, but they could have lost both of those games had something gone differently. They didn't and that says something about the team, but Louisville has been crushing team after team. They're playing with a lot of confidence right now.
Louisville may have had an easy road, but Washington and Georgia Tech are no push overs, and LAL was a pretty good squad too.

Coruse, I'm biased. Louisville was my pick for champs. I didn't have West Virginia getting past round 1.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JuniorNoboa said:
That's BS. Use your logical skills to show that Washington should not have been a first seed and who should have replaced them.

Rather then a "my eyes" use an argument that is acceptable under the standards that are you used by the committee.
Easy: They didn't play anyone good. You're argument's only point was that they beat a bunch of top25 teams. Most top25 teams aren't very good. Honestly, only the top10 should be considered "good". Beyond that, you should beat any of the other teams if you are a #1 seed. The only reason you should lose to a top in the 10-25 range is if that team just had a great game.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So top25 arguments don't do anything for me. So, as for top10 teams, they only played Arizona!!! Lots of other teams, like Kansas, Kentucky, Wake Forest, played 3, 4, maybe 5 different top10 teams throughout the year. They might not have won all of them, but they at least played them. Washington didn't play anyone good, besides Arizona (and I guess Gonzaga, who beat them).

When you get past the second round, beating top25 teams doesn't mean anything. They played Louisville, a top10 team, and got embarrassed. Not suprising really. Washington isn't that great. What a coincidence that they are the first #1 to fall.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Willo said:
Louisville may have had an easy road, but Washington and Georgia Tech are no push overs, and LAL was a pretty good squad too.
I'd say Louisville definitely is overrated right now, precisely because Washington and Georgia Tech were pushovers. You beat them both easily. You shouldn't blow out good teams in the NCAA tournament unless your team is just dominate, obvious future champions, and Louisville isn't that. Washington just isn't that good, and even though a lot of people thought that Georgia Tech could be dangerous since they got healthy, they weren't.

LAL was good though, and I think that's evidence that Louisville is overrated. UL barely beat them, with some luck, and that shouldn't happen to a championship team in the first round. I think UL will get to the final four, just because their road has been so easy, and then get blasted by Illinois.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Or could it be that they were facing a 13-seed, a high mid-major who was also incredibly hot and a team that was probably as good as most 10 or 9 seeds?
Georgia Tech is a pushover? The beat UNC and Wake Forest.
Washington had two wins over Arizona, a win over Utah, a win over Alabama, and only had one loss to a team not in the tournament.

In March, no team is a pushover.

Of the 12 teams remaining at the moment, I think Louisville is in the top 4, and can easily be considered one of the best. UNC and Illinois are the only two other teams that have not been challenged much, and Illinois did not exactly blow out FDU (who is much worse than LA-Lafyette).

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Willo said:
Or could it be that they were facing a 13-seed, a high mid-major who was also incredibly hot and a team that was probably as good as most 10 or 9 seeds?
Georgia Tech is a pushover? The beat UNC and Wake Forest.
Washington had two wins over Arizona, a win over Utah, a win over Alabama, and only had one loss to a team not in the tournament.
So they beat a pretty good Arizona team and a couple of marginal teams, so what? Historically, 1-4 seeds almost always win the championship. Washington beat teams, Arizona aside, that had very little statistical chance of winning the championship. That's not very impressive for a #1 seed.

Georgia Tech, then, had a more impressive regular season than Washington. Too bad both teams were pushovers, as they got blown out of their respective games, to a team that is good, but not title-locks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts