Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both as a payroll trimming move but also to bolster their interior for a run in the playoffs

They probably lose a bit of scoring

But we could do Davis and Robinson for $19M to the Bucks who could send us back Kukoc and Thomas

Robinson with a point like TJ Ford is waiting to happen in the basketball cosmos

Plus they get a legit PF who is battle tested in the playoffs

Davis clears out their commitment to Thomas early with providing them with muscle inside .. AD can still base himself in the Northern burbs and commute to the Bradley Center .. so we do right by him and put him on a playoff team

They have one extra year of commitment in ERob more so than what they would have in Kukoc .. but ERob could surprise in Waukee with Ford

Fizer, Gill and Brunson for Jaric and Ely ( again )

Crawford and Blount for Sczcerbiak ( again )

Barry in the offseason ( again )

Curry
Chandler
Thomas
Sczcerbiak
Hinrich

bench

Ely
Williams
Dupree
Barry
Jaric

Lottery Pick
Scrub

Imagine being able to have 3 quality shooters from range on the floor at the same time and what that would do for Eddy Curry and for the rest of the team for that matter when Eddy Curry learns when and how to pass outside

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I like this deal a lot FJ. Especially if we can somehow throw in Jeffries who makes me hurl everytime I watch him run. Or maybe we don't include Jeffries because every team needs an IR/cap filler guy and he fills that role quite nicely. ;)

AD-eRob-Jeffries for Thomas-Kukoc

I've followed the Bucks (mainly because of Fantasy BBall) and it seems that they have little drop off in production when Thomas is out. JMO. eRob would actually fit in quite nicely with the Bucks and AD would shore up a soft frontcourt.

I'm a bit wary on the Szcerbiak deal only b/c of health issues. But Minny is pretty awesome w/o him right now.

Brent Barry is okay, though FJ you know I'm a bigger fan of Turkoglu.

Nice deals all around.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Yeah I would certainly do the Thomas deal and the Jaric/Ely deal. I would not do the one for Wally. Just let JC walk in this scenario and sign a vet SG with the MLE. Brent Barry would be fine in that role.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I don't see why Milwaukee would do it. I'm they would like to have Kukoc come off the books this season. It would take more than AD and ERob. I do like the idea of Thomas to the Bulls, I just don't think we have the pieces to do it, with giving up Chandler/Curry or Hinrich.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Isn't Thomas a 4?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Personally, I want no part of Tim Thomas- I think he's a dumb player that chokes in important situations. If I had to take one Bucks' SF, I'd rather have Kukoc personally- even if he is older and an atrocious defender, he'd provide some veteran influence, size, and late-game scoring. Plus, it'd probably take alot less to get him.

I do like the Fizer, Gill and Brunson for Jaric and Ely deal alot though, and Barry in the offseason sounds like a really good idea.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!
Personally, I want no part of Tim Thomas- I think he's a dumb player that chokes in important situations. If I had to take one Bucks' SF, I'd rather have Kukoc personally- even if he is older and an atrocious defender, he'd provide some veteran influence, size, and late-game scoring. Plus, it'd probably take alot less to get him.

I do like the Fizer, Gill and Brunson for Jaric and Ely deal alot though, and Barry in the offseason sounds like a really good idea.
Kukoc comes off the books at the end of this year. He can reminisce with Pippen about the good ol' days :D

I see it as a 2 for 1 essentially, Tim Thomas for eRob and AD. I could tolerate that.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Lets face it...

The deal isn't really feasible.

The bucks give up their two power forwards for two of the worst contracts in the leauge (Davis & Robinson). While the deals Kukoc and Thomas have aren't pretty, they do offer cap relief and youth... While they return old age and replication of talent (Redd and Mason). I don't see a reason for a rebuilding Bucks team to move their only real small forward combo for replication at other positions and get older in the process.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't think the Bucks are looking to trade anytime soon unless it's for a big man.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
And I don't think they give up Thomas straight up for Davis either.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I don't see the bucks deal TT and Kukoc for A.D and ERob.instead of taking ERob they'd take the cap space coming from Kukoc's contract.and I'm not sure they'd do TT for A.D alone.

and here's one I'd do:

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.6 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
SF Chris Jefferies (3.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 6.3 minutes)
2 1st round picks to Bucks lottery protected throughout 2004-2009,after unprotected.
Chicago receives: SF Tim Thomas (14.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 32.0 minutes)
SF Toni Kukoc (8.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 21.4 minutes)
SF Desmond Mason (13.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 29.2 minutes)
C Daniel Santiago (4.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 15.1 minutes)
2 2nd rounders
Change in team outlook: -1.2 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -1.7 apg.

Milwaukee trades: SF Tim Thomas (14.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 32.0 minutes)
SF Toni Kukoc (8.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 21.4 minutes)
SF Desmond Mason (13.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 29.2 minutes)
C Daniel Santiago (4.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.6 apg in 15.1 minutes)
2 2nd rounders
Milwaukee receives: PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 48 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (17.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 47 games)
SF Chris Jefferies (3.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15 games)
2 1st round picks to Bucks lottery protected throughout 2004-2009,after unprotected.

Change in team outlook: +1.2 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Milwaukee's playing decent right now and are 4th-6th in the Conference.
Like I said, if they make any trades, it will probably be for a big man. They won't make a trade involving that large amonut of players being moved.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I wonder what the Bucks plans are in terms of Desmond Mason? Redd is locked in at SG which is where Mason needs to play. Sure he can play some SF but he is a full time SG type player. I wonder what he could do if he was a starting SG somewhere? I can't imagine he wants to stay on bench forever.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
You can have TT but not for scrubs like Robinson and Davis. No Jamal Crawford either because I would we get rid of SG/SF for a PG/SG who would come off the bench behind Ford or Redd. Also I think Desmond Mason fits with Portetr's new system because he doesn't mind going small. I think Desmond gets great minutes off the bench.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Milwaukee would probably put together a nice package for Chandler. TT plus pick for Chandler and contract?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
You can have TT but not for scrubs like Robinson and Davis. No Jamal Crawford either because I would we get rid of SG/SF for a PG/SG who would come off the bench behind Ford or Redd. Also I think Desmond Mason fits with Portetr's new system because he doesn't mind going small. I think Desmond gets great minutes off the bench.
What makes you think Crawford would come off the bench behind Ford?

Crawford:
PPG 17.2
RPG 3.3
APG 5.5
SPG 1.53
BPG .34
FG% .393
FT% .836
3P% .318

Ford:
PPG 7.3
RPG 3.5
APG 6.4
SPG 1.20
BPG .07
FG% .379
FT% .835
3P% .263

I realize that Ford is more of a true pg, but I would have to question how much that really matters when you're dealing with a player that is simply much better.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I don't think Crawford is that better than Ford. Plus look who we are giving up for Crawford: Desmond Mason I would much rather have Ford starting and have Mason coming off the bench than have Crawford start and have Ford coming off the bench.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
Milwaukee would probably put together a nice package for Chandler. TT plus pick for Chandler and contract?
I would love that than I wouldn't mind getting Robinson's contract. If Chandler wouldn't stay injured I would love to see this lineup in a couple of years: Gadzuric,Chandler,Mason,Redd,Ford.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mavs Dude</b>!
I don't think Crawford is that better than Ford. Plus look who we are giving up for Crawford: Desmond Mason I would much rather have Ford starting and have Mason coming off the bench than have Crawford start and have Ford coming off the bench.
I do think JC is WAY better then mini Ford.

I agree Mason is hard to let go,but Redd is better an certainly taken SG position.

How did Bucks sign Redd to a contract for 3 mil per year - great managment job on that one.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

I do think JC is WAY better then mini Ford.

I agree Mason is hard to let go,but Redd is better an certainly taken SG position.

How did Bucks sign Redd to a contract for 3 mil per year - great managment job on that one.
Crawford and Ford have basically the same stats except for points per game and Ford doesn't need to score. I know Ford is a horrible shooter but he has improved lately and has a perfect coach to work with him on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.